Thread: LED Lenser P7

User

Default Re: LED Lenser P7

Hey Shark, get a Kindle

Thanks for info.

User

I need some help please guys.

I had made my mind up on getting a Led Lenser T7 until i read this thread. Now i'm properly confused so please point me in a direction.

I have budgeted for +-R500 and have found the following options, what would you suggest i go for?

Olight T15 LED, i6 Paladin, T10 LED

Led Lenser T7

Fenix E20

Please feel free to add to my confusion and suggest another light which i haven't listed here.

User

Honestly, leave the LED Lenser. The only reason it is so succesful is because of marketing. Get somethin with either AA or CR123 batteries.
    I think the Olights are pretty good. Can't comment on the Fenix, although they seem a bit overpriced for the output levels they give.
    What do you wan't it for? EDC or just at home/in the car?

User

Want it mostly for around home (go to torch) and in the car. Perhaps stick it on my LM if the need arises. I already have a light mounted on my Glock, but i don't have a descent small sized light. I had a little Mag Light (2 AA), but someone liked it so much so they uplifted it from me.

I have a 3 cell Mag, but its big and cumbersome to drag around all the time.

For EDC where you just need illumination, pretty much any light will work so long as it gives what you need. For serious use where your life may be at risk, or worse, the lives of your loved ones, there is only one brand...SureFire.

While maybe not always at the bleeding edge of tech, their lights are tough, standardized, have the best 'switchology' by far, and can...in the case of older models...be upgraded, and are far more proven than whatever may be in second place.

Soon the 500 lumen series will be available to include the X300 Ultra (with available DG switches) a P2X Tactical Fury with single stage head and others. These will be 500 no-shit out the front lumens and not Chinese lumens, which are often so much watered down BS. The Lawman with 750 lumens is available now and does use rechargable batteries OR CR123s. (damned expensive however)

True, many SureFires do not play well with rechargable batteries...but what is your life worth? Get some US made CR123s. I can't say about shipping, customs and such but I can, and do, buy them for about $1.15 each in bulk (50 batteries minimum)

Thus far, the only Chinese made light I would trust is my Olight Warrior I got from Khumba...a great light but not quite up to an Elzetta or a SF with a Malkoff drop in LED, and bulkier than either if one wanted to weapon mount it.

Forget the 'too much light' BS...you will not blind yourself if you shine yourself in a mirror. Startled? Yep...blinded? No. In the meantime, being able to make out what is in the shadows is priceless...and still a damned site cheaper than NV or infrared!

'Just as good as'...really is not.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7