Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: ASTRA STG4

User

Default Re: ASTRA STG4

I can't remember a gun magazine that found a gun it didn't like.

User

Soldier of Fortune magazine called a spade a spade. I remember them doing a review on a Steyr pistol (forgot which model 9mmP).Not very complimentary. Last picture showed the evaluator holding the pistol by the barrel ,arm above his head, about to throw it into the bushes. That was some time ago, I don't know if the magazine still exists

User

Quote Originally Posted by jester-99 View Post
    But, thanks to our legislation, beggars can't be choosers.
    I hear you but I won't I won't buy crap just because it's all thats available. Not sure where we could get an honest review of the rifle. Gotta be dead honest tho, I'm not nuts about the retailer

User

I spoke to them on Wednesday. First batch sold out. Waiting for second batch of 50. Around the 18K mark.

User

If these rifles are MilSpec then they are good enough for us, we are not going to war with them.
    Dave Sheer are finding ways of landing the the AR platform in S.A and if they bringing them in ,in the numbers that are quoted above including the YHM rifles brought in earlier then I think S.A shooters are going the AR way. With Silver Bullet bring in the Sabre rifles this is all good news for us.

There is no such thing as milspec for civilian sales. A weapon is only classed as milspec once it approved by the Inspector and then also it is only available to the US military. If for example there is a one screw from for the parts bin intended for military use, used in a civilian rifle the company could lose the contract. Its a marketing term like buying a bmw with so called german spec, and any one who tells you that there products is one it talking kak....

User

Often products build for the civilian Market are better than milspec. Why? Because we are more likely to buy stuff not based only on lowest bidder.

I'm not saying these rifles are bad. They may well be I don't know. I'm asking whatthe excitment is based on. Good gear is worth getting excited about. A shitty semi auto rifle is an even worse waste of a license than a shitty almost anything else. And it's not like these are cheap.

My mom didn't raise a beta tester.

I think the idea of owning an AR, any AR causes a sort of blindness. There aren't any on the shelves, neither is there a variety. I've been quoted prices of R19k to R27k for a AR rifle, and I'm seriously considering it, however if its a name I dont recognize or has better than average rep I'll rather have a mini14 or a LM...

User

Quote Originally Posted by feroze View Post
    I think the idea of owning an AR, any AR causes a sort of blindness. There aren't any on the shelves, neither is there a variety. I've been quoted prices of R19k to R27k for a AR rifle, and I'm seriously considering it, however if its a name I dont recognize or has better than average rep I'll rather have a mini14 or a LM...
    Precisely! From what I have heard, they're lacking on the quality side. I would give it a skip, there will be other better options arriving next year. Hang on to your hard earned cash for now.

Comments from knowledgable Euro shooters who have seen these guns say they are very 'so-so' guns and many suspect the parts are made in the orient and only finished / assembled in Swiss-land. In fact, some strongly suspect these and their 1911 pistols may actually be made by Norinco.

Can I document that? Nope, but I see no one coming forward to give details on these rifles, and their website looks like it was put together by a bunch of 9 year olds as a school project. I know a guy in Italy who has handled several now in the 'flesh' although he has never shot one. He says 'pass on it' and I will take his word as he has a great deal of time in Italian SpecOps.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast