Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Protective Eyewear

So I decided to sit down on top of my sunglasses earlier, so guess who is in the market for new ones...

Anyways, I figured while I need to get something new, I might as well look for something I can use at the range, as well as general everyday use.

I am very keen on the Revision Hellfly set, but it doesn't seem that it has RX carrier and connector that is compatible with it, which isn't a HUGE issue at the moment, but will help going forward (apparently spending 16 hours behind a laptop screen is bad for your eyes, so it's just a matter of time before I need it...who would have guessed...).

As I will be using this for shooting as well as normal sunglasses, I am looking for somthing with photochromic lenses that will adjust according to the light.

I had a look on the ESS website as well, and those look pretty good as well. Do they have the option for photochromic lenses as well? I can't see anything on their website. I see the CDI has interchangeable lenses though, but no clear lense.

I would love a pair of Rudy Project lenses, but it's a bit out of reach for my budget.

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

...nevermind. I notice now the ESS CDI does indeed have clear lenses along with the smoked ones... I might be going with a set of these.

User

Default Re: Protective Eyewear

I purchased the ESS ICE 3 glasses with nylon RX inserts. Spec savers cut the lenses from my optometrists prescription and they where cheap and worked well.

Very Happy with them and the quality is good. The ICE 3 has 3 separate lenses, Smoke Grey, High Contrast (yellow) and clear. You swop out the lenses based on your requirements.

I am not sure if they have photocromatic lenses.

I used MS Equipment, very good service. Give the guys a buzz.

User

How much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking? I would prefer an all-round frame as opposed to the ICE-type design, hence I will likely go for the CDI set. Did you pay extra for the RX insert?

User

Sheesh, Now you are making the old noggin work ;)

the Rx inserts where an extra, I think they where about R230 and and the ICE 3 was about R350. But I might be a bit off base with that.

User

Hehe! No problem, thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow and find out if they are open during this silly-season.

User

Revision do glasses with prescription inserts. They aren't cheap but are outstanding.

User

Thanks. I e-mailed Rescomp yestersay afternoon, but they replied that they can only reply after the 3rd of Jan. Will see what they have to offer.

User

Can anyone confirm if the Rudy Project Zyon Tactical is compatible with their RX-insert?
    I see on their website the Zyon under the ImpactX section is classified as being compatible, but the one under their Tactical section makes no mention of it, but I can't see any physical difference between the frames.

I can't see anything on their website
    M-m-m-m-m ;-DD

User

for a reallly cheap option, I found some sunglasses-style protective glasses at Builders/Build it called vipers. they are not the prettiest but for around R30 they not too bad. they are made of polycarbonate, and took hits from solid rounds out of my paintball gun at close range (2-3 metres) with no problem. they offer full UV potection and come in dark, yellow, and clear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast