Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: B.I.R.T /Sports Adventure Shooting 15 January 2011

Since we are training with mostly urban or close to mid range bush self defence scenarios in mind I do not see the point in setting sights beyond 100 meters. Obviousely if anyone training with us has a specific requirement to do otherwise then they are welcome to. The range we use is limited to 100 meters so it makes sense to set up for that.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

User

Those limited to handgun's, do yourself a favour and get a Roni with a decent sight (Trijicon, AimPoint etc.) ... Lot's of fun and still very effective and accurate out at around 50 meters. Also very easy to manipulate when aggressively exiting a vehicle.

Open-Minded Individuals + Open-Minded Training = Outstanding and Effective Results

Looking forward to another great session gents :)

Kind Regards,
    RobertC
    www.pdssa.webs.com
    “Practice Peace, Train Chaos!”

User

Hey Guys,
    Another Great day on the range yesterday ...
    - 'Baselines' are set for reassessment at a later stage during the year!
    - Level 2 and Level 3 discussions and outlines finalized!

Lots of hard work to be done on all fronts, but one thing is for sure, CONSTANT Improvement is an absolute Certainty!

Awesome as always training with very dedicated and meticulous Warriors - "Brothers at Arms" so to speak. A very special Thanks to Camo, Bushboy and Sean for your dedication and commitment to helping 'push the boundaries' and ensure not only a Very safe but as always a VERY enjoyable and ego free training environment!

this is going to be a Break Through year for us all :)

Attachment 4122

BE Safe!

Kind Regards,
    RobertC
    www.pdssa.webs.com
    “Practice Peace, Train Chaos!”

Another great day on the range! Can you believe IT DID NOT RAIN.
    I really was all geared up for duck weather!

Bushboy, Sean & Robert it was great to train with you again, my grateful thanks to you guys for making such training possible.and it was a nice way to start our "training" year.

Grobbie, was great training with you, get the firing pin sorted out for the February session.

Must admit I was knackerd after the 100 metre run & crawl............ to cap it all my water bladder valve got pulled off and I was quiet soaked afterwards (Guys I repeat it was my watter bladder not my.... oh forget it..... )

Agreed Level 2&3 are really going test our commitment, fitness & skills.

Will post a report of event soon.
    Last edited by camouflage762; 17-01-2011 at 09:29.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Saturdays session was great, came prepared for rain but got sunburn instead. Camo was so psyched up for rain that when it did not arrive her just soaked himself with his "water bladder". What other kind is there. LOL.

I think the foundation has now been set for the rest of the year. Looking forward to taking this to the next level and having an awesome years training. With the dedication shown by the small group of warriors, we cannot but learn a lot.

Sean.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

B.I.R.T/Sports Adventure Shooting

15 January 2011

Sun Burnt Duck Weather

Temperature: 17-25 degrees
    Weather, overcast then sunny & cloudy.
    Wind: Flag Flapping.

The day dawned overcast.
    Most of us had all mentally prepped ourselves for training in the rain, given the weather of the preceding week.

But it was not to be.

In fact it was hot & humid.
    A strong breeze would pick up every now & then which made our admin difficult, kept us cool, but fooled some of us into getting sunburnt.

After having 5 new contacts that had signaled their intention of doing the L1, only one pitched.
    He posted a reasonable time of 36 minutes for the hike.
    Unfortunately his rifles firing pin was worn resulting in at least 50% of his shots being misfires.

Better luck next time G

The lesson for us all who use older rifle is simply that at some point you have to replace, firing pins springs etc.
    One would not expect a 60 year old car to perform well, we should not expect the same from any other piece of kit.

To start off the year a set of standard drills for Pistol & Rifle was conducted, timed & scored.
    This will provide a baseline/reference for evaluation later in the year.
    The drills incorporated movement and the shooter had to hit a paper plate (230mm) from ranges of 5-25 meters.

The admin/scoring/patching took up much more time than was expected & were thus behind schedule, thus the vehicle drills had to be dropped

The final exercise that was conducted, was with a rifle & level 1 kit. The participant had to shoot 2 plates at 100m, run to 75 & shoot 2 more plates, then move to 50m and then 25m & repeat.

From the 25meter one had to crawl to the 15 meter line & finish the exercise.
    The participant had to “call” his intentions with the RO responding.
    This exercise showed up our physical condition.
    Trying to still ones breathing especially after the crawl was very difficult.

Also some kit issues showed up.
    Any one who has a go bag or similar, that is to be relied on, in the event of an emergency, must check the fit whilst being active to be certain that it works.

I managed to get wet when the “bite valve” on my water pouch got pulled off during the crawl. Lost all my water.
    Some participants kit also caused problems during the crawl due to loose fit etc
    Thigh rigs for pistols don’t appear to do well when one is crawling.

Times on this exercise varied from 1.5 minutes thru 4 minutes. Well doen G!
    Ones fitness levels determine ones accuracy.
    Ciappa_R impressed with his RONI/.40. Hitting plates from the 75 & 50 meter with ease.

The range exercise was completed at 12h00 and a discussion was held on the upcoming level 2&3.

My grateful thanks to the all who attended & make such sessions a great learning experience. You guys rock!

Next session planned for the 12 February 2011.
    Will confirm shortly.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2