Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Info and Experiences with pistol Night Sights - i.e. Trijicon, Meprolights

Info and Experiences with pistol Night Sights - i.e. Trijicon, Meprolights.

Please could give your opinions and recomendatations of pistol Night Sights, such as Trijicon, and Meprolight, night sights, and their effectiveness or not in low light, and no light conditions.

User

Default Re: Info and Experiences with pistol Night Sights - i.e. Trijicon, Meprolights

Ive had night sights on my carry gun since about 2002. I prefer them but don't think your unarmed without them.

I will be putting a set on my G21.

User

Default Re: Info and Experiences with pistol Night Sights - i.e. Trijicon, Meprolights

I have Triji's on my Glock 22 and love them. Will def get another set for my Glock 19. Sight acquisition is very quick even in pitch darkness, the way to go imo.
    Haven't heard much about Meprolight which IIRC are the manufacturers for the Glock night sights, so can't comment on those. I do however like the idea of getting a different colour front-sight, orange for example. May just assist front sight focus a little quicker than normal.

User

Ive got Trijicon on my G19, but be careful for the NOVAK Trijicon ones as you cannot do one hand rack with them....

User

I've got the normal Trijicons for Glock. No problem seeing them in the dark, although I must admit I like the stock Glock sights better - nice big white front dot and easier to line up quickly. The white rings on the Trijicons get dirty after a while. They don't suck at all, just be aware if you are used to something else.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    I have Triji's on my Glock 22 and love them. Will def get another set for my Glock 19. Sight acquisition is very quick even in pitch darkness, the way to go imo.
    Haven't heard much about Meprolight which IIRC are the manufacturers for the Glock night sights, so can't comment on those. I do however like the idea of getting a different colour front-sight, orange for example. May just assist front sight focus a little quicker than normal.
    Get different colours on the rear not the front. Green is the brightest colour of tritium and you want the brightest colour on the front to draw your eye.

My G17 has Orange rear with a green front which I far prefer to all green

I've run Heinie, Warren Tactical, Ameriglo, Hackathorn, Glock factory and Trijicon on various handguns. Once you've used a premium brand like Heinie or Warren, it's obvious you get sights and then you get proper sights. I'm currently experimenting with Ameriglo Operator Pro rear sights and a Hackathorn front. This works very well even though I'm not the worlds biggest 3-dot fan. Fortunately the rear sights are blacked out during daylight and thus don't distract the eye from the front sight too much. The Hackathorn front is bright orange with a tritium vial in the centre, so you get good visibility during both night and daylight.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I am getting that exact same setup for my G27. I am keen on the Heinie Straigh Eight sights as well, but they are quite a bit more expensive than the Trijicons IIRC.

User

The hack front sight is frikken sweet.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Get different colours on the rear not the front. Green is the brightest colour of tritium and you want the brightest colour on the front to draw your eye.

Ah! Thanks for the heads up there T. What are the colours available in tritium based night sights?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast