Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Info and Experiences with pistol Night Sights - i.e. Trijicon, Meprolights

Ive seen green ,orange, yellow and red. I believe tritium is available in blue but I don't know if its been used in sights.

User

Default Re: Info and Experiences with pistol Night Sights - i.e. Trijicon, Meprolights

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Ive seen green ,orange, yellow and red. I believe tritium is available in blue but I don't know if its been used in sights.
    Thanks T. Seems its gonna be orange and green then.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    The white rings on the Trijicons get dirty after a while.
    I've found this too. From what I understand those rings are silicone and not easy to clean without potential damage.

I was not overly impressed with the triji's on my M&P. They came standard (so i assume they're the Novak ones). The front sight tritium vial appears to be set very deeply, as a result I found that it did not glow as bright as the rear ones. I also found that having all three dots the same colour that it could get a little confusing to get a sight picture quickly in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind View Post
    The Hackathorn front is bright orange with a tritium vial in the centre, so you get good visibility during both night and daylight.
    Thorkind, is this the front sight you're referring to?

http://www.ameriglo.net/sites/defaul...W212-230OR.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    Thorkind, is this the front sight you're referring to?

http://www.ameriglo.net/sites/defaul...W212-230OR.jpg

For some reason, that link isn't working for me. Here's the pic:

Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Yes, very nice! Where'd you get them from if I may ask?

glockparts.com
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Grrrrr...I must try find someone who stocks and ships to fit the M&P.
    Thanks Thor

User

Be arefull - orange has only a limited lifespan. If im correct I think the orange is only 5 years. Get hold of ecm technologies and speak to them.
    I have green front and yellow rear, and the contrast to it in night is good.

User

When using "night sights" remember that you still need to positively identify your target.

When it so dark that you can get confused with the alignment/positioning of the same colored 3 dot sights it most probably is too dark to shoot at a target.

When you use a weapons mounted light on your handgun or a handheld light in tactical hold you will find that the tritium lighting on the sights are not used but rather the silhouette of the sights which stand out nicely against the lit target.

Imo the tritiums (I have them on all my pistols) are very valuable in diminished light situations but not the end all in darkness.

I am currently trying front sight illumination only because it is possible to see some sight picture in diminished light and the front tritium helps to line up quicker and when using a light it does not matter as I explained above.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    When using "night sights" remember that you still need to positively identify your target.

When it so dark that you can get confused with the alignment/positioning of the same colored 3 dot sights it most probably is too dark to shoot at a target.

When you use a weapons mounted light on your handgun or a handheld light in tactical hold you will find that the tritium lighting on the sights are not used but rather the silhouette of the sights which stand out nicely against the lit target.

Imo the tritiums (I have them on all my pistols) are very valuable in diminished light situations but not the end all in darkness.

I am currently trying front sight illumination only because it is possible to see some sight picture in diminished light and the front tritium helps to line up quicker and when using a light it does not matter as I explained above.
    Absolutely right.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast