Default Anybody in the security industry?

I need to install a customized alarm system on my farm and need som assitance and info

I would rather support a gunner than some random guy of the street

User

Default Re: Anybody in the security industry?

Quote Originally Posted by Glocky View Post
    I would rather support a gunner than some random guy of the street
    +1000!

User

i can give advise...what do you need?

Thanks Hondo ,

Well let me start with this , Its for a farm out in thabazimbi , so I would like to be able to install as much as I can DIY.

A few questions I have:

Can one link those motion sensors to a Siren (those used in indistrail areas) ?

What is the best way to get a electric fence installed arround my house ? about 1,5 Mt high , All wires live of few wires live ? More or less cost on this ?

Do you get some device that you can link to a door handle that will Shock the living brains out of anyone who gets past my alarm and electric fence ? He must be braind dead after words ! JOKE .. I wish crimninals have more rights than me hey

Any other suggestions I need this alarm system to either call my neigber on a he's cell phone
    or make some noise that he can hear 1 km away ?

Thanks in advance

User

Glocky, you will need to install the fence with insulators and spikes in the soil for proper earth. You can either have alternating life and earth wires in the fence, or some energizers support cyclic wave that uses all wires alternating between post and neg. Better for dry areas where conductivity is not that good. Your energizer will depend on the power source (220v or solar), and can be linked with a device that uses a sim card to dial predefined numbers. This can also be used to activate functions on your energizer. To install the fence and energizer is no brain surgery, and information is easily obtainable. Chat to Hondo for assistance, else PM me for contact details of suppliers. On a electric fence it will pay to get it done right the first time to avoid constant 'false' alarms. I've also heard about teargas 'cannons' that you can install in a building, which will activate the moment someone enters without deactivation by remote.

The latest energizers available can output as much as 63 Joules. That is pretty scary if you take that the 'average' household units delivers 9 Joules.

Thanks Game Farmer , Psss Me off bigtime that one has to go through such messures to secure ones own property. But I see it as an investment rather than a punishment.

User

Quote Originally Posted by GameFarmer View Post
    The latest energizers available can output as much as 63 Joules
    Oh sweet mother! The new generation cardiac defibrillators only use 120 J.

User

Sorry for the late reply....(hellweek at work)

anyway, you can install pretty much any type of sensor to your alarm system (Relays are your friends), but you have to consider the power source.
    factors to consider: total power rating of the alarm system.
    the sum of the total power draw of each device.
    external motion sensitivity i.e if you have big trees and animals in the monitored area and the effect it will have on the sensor itself. just remember to avoid false alarms at all times so that you don't get into the peter cried WOLF scenario.
    phoning or texting your neighbor should be fairly simple, however it is system dependent.

Looking at what initiated this course of action, i will suggest that you look into a decent CCTV system. It will serve you better against power abusing tossers and you will have actual evidence against him that substantiate your original case. It also serves as a viewing system for when your alarm has activated and you want to check your premises. You can also make up some boards that advertises the fact that you have CCTV and that in itself should stop the abuse, knowing that this dude is of questionable character and even more questionable wit.

again my apologies for the late reply.

Bryan

User

Quote Originally Posted by DrDave View Post
    Oh sweet mother! The new generation cardiac defibrillators only use 120 J.
    LOL... you have a way with words!