User

Default Busnell Red Dot vs Tasco Propoint

Till 2 years ago I'd never used a reflex sight, now they are mounted on 4 of my guns. My shooting - accuracy, speed and confidence - has improved drastically since I started using them. I noticed this at our 6 gong shoot on Saturday. I don't know if it is phsycological, but the plates just dropped with the dot vs open sights. I have a cpl of C-mores, an aimpoint and a cheap tasco pro-point o my .22. Looking for a sight for a .308 out to 100m to be used mainly for bushbuck. Narrowd my choice down to 2. The tasco at about R2500 suits my budget, but has a 5MOA dot. The bushnell at R4000- has a zoom dot which can be set anywhere from 1 to 10 MOA. R4000- is a bit rich. My C-mores are 2MOA, and I use them on a pistol to about max. 25m. Is the 5MOA to big? Any other opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

User

Default Re: Busnell Red Dot vs Tasco Propoint

The 5 moa dot means the dot will cover a 5 inch sized circle at 100m - could work but will be difficult to shoot accurately imo.

You must still have young eyes - I have difficulty shooting anywhere close to accurate at 100m without magnification .

User

Not that young anymore, but still good!!! I bought a 4-16x scope for sillhouete. Anything over 6 the target "bounced" in front of me. Once aware of the bouncing, it bounced even more. I now use an expensive high mag. scope at 4x. A cheaper 4x or lower zoom would have served me better. I think I'll save a bit longer and get the bushnell. It's for walk stalk hunting on my own place, by myself. I'm old enough now to be sht scared of the 12gun, 40 beater, 50 dog hunts on 100ha farms that are the norm in my part of the world!

User

A much better imo option is the (more expensive) Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x24 scope. On 1x you can shoot 2 eyes open like with a non magnified RDS but it gives good magnification from 1 - 4 with good optics, no battery fibre optic illum in day and tritium at night.

User

"There is no second place winner in a gunfight" - B Jordan

User

Yes, that is what I have in mind. I forgot about the Millet.

Also the Burris XTR which is more expensive than the Triji here.

I do recall that the Millet is quite expensive here as well, maybe Tuefel Hund can elaborate as I think he has a price.

What I like about the Triji in SA is excellent back up service from the agents, no batteries, good optics imo, quite light for the size, adjustable illumination for day use, tactical use turrets (although they hide behind the caps). Some may not like the post and triangle reticle but for the more hunting orientated Triji also has a German No 4 reticle with the dot illuminated.

I like the Triji with a green triangle reticle - the green is brilliant in bright sunlight conditions and work very well overall. Just for getting a green reticle instead of read wind it over for me.

The German No 4 reticle also has a green dot.

This is a sweet Millet, with some great reviews! I see it is made in China [welcome to XXI century and contract manufacturing], we must get used to it.