Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Is it illegal to shoot pigs over the internet with robot shotguns????

Interestingly the Transvaal Nature Conservation Ordinance that governs the hunting in Limpopo, Gauteng and Mpumalanga has the following to say.( my highlights)

Note : Wild animal is not defined so I assume that it is any animal not listed in the annexure as Normal game , Protected game etc.

Stock is cattle etc not crops

Problem animals are listed and include Bushpig

Hunting or catching of wild animals in certain manners

27. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Ordinance, no person shall hunt or >>>>>………………………………………………………………………………>>>>>
    unless he is the holder of a permit which authorizes him to do so: Provided that-
    (i) the owner of land or a relative of his with his permission may, on the land of the owner, or the occupier of land may, on land of which he is the occupier, hunt or catch a wild animal with the aid of, by means of or by use of a trap, trap-cage or set gun-

(aa) where it is in the immediate vicinity of the carcass of stock which it has or apparently has killed;
    (bb) where there is a reasonable suspicion that it is about to cause damage to stock;
    >>>>>……………….………………………………………………………………>>>>>
    (ii) a problem animal may be hunted or caught with the aid of, by means of or by the use of a trap, gin, pitfall, set gun or dog.

So it seems that this may be legal in the Old Transvaal although not necessarily ethical, but tell that to the guy who has to replant half a field of maize or who needs to put down a couple of week old lambs.

Default Re: Is it illegal to shoot pigs over the internet with robot shotguns????

Quote Originally Posted by Marekjan View Post
    Hence the technology that humans used and that caused all the uproar....

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

I remember a farmer friend, back in my country who tried everything to defend his 'tatoes from the evil porcines (dogs,poison,hunters, fencing ..and many others things) Nothing worked. Pigs were getting the potatoes regularly. Desperate, he wired a small speaker connected it to the radio and broadcasted the official government program in the potatoes field (during commie years). Pigs disappeared. I would like to say for ever,but only for about a month...
    So the "remote" technology is not new,really.
    And no, this is not a joke. True story.
    MJ
    Jip...didn't notice any dead pigs near that rig did ya?

And my guess is that your friend's tatoes probably started wilting and looking real bad after a month of government radio too!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    Jip...didn't notice any dead pigs near that rig did ya?

And my guess is that your friend's tatoes probably started wilting and looking real bad after a month of government radio too!
    Naaah, the tatoes were fine. They were commie tatoes too. Rough and tough. Vodka was made out of them. And they resisted sucesfully the potatoe bugs the you Americans were throwing on them from the planes at night (that was the official explanationfor the failed "kolchoz" type gvt farms)

Yes...I am told that 'Tatoe Bug Tosser' was a highly coveted job back then in SF!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

this reminds me of the old "poison shooters"( gifskietters) or the jackal cannon, that the farmers set up in an attempt to get some control over the jackal problem. for several reasons i wont do what the guy in the USA did, but if he did it out of frustration with a pest problem, he has my sympathy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3