Page 534 of 538 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 524 532 533 534 535 536 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 5373
  1. #5331
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    52
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    S15 applied 14/03/22
    Approved today 24/05/22... 71 calendar days.

  2. #5332
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    My brother applied for his sec 13 on the 07 March 2022 and it was approved on the 23rd May 2022

  3. #5333
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    How do you find out when/if your card was printed?

  4. #5334
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Age
    34
    Posts
    679

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    Quote Originally Posted by janfred View Post
    How do you find out when/if your card was printed?
    I'm not sure, my experience in short is CFR / Call Center is UNRELIABLE.
    I was approved on 18 February 2022.
    I decided to call and see if my license card has at least been printed, I managed to get through to the CFR call center on 22 March 2022.
    I asked him can he please check if my license card has at least been printed as yet, he said no it had not yet been printed and I should call back the following week.
    Then on 24 March 2022 I received this SMS

    SAPS msg: Licence **** for calibre 9MM PAR (9X19MM) s/n ***** can be collected. Contact your relevant DFO.

    I collected my license card and firearm on 25 March 2022.

    So in short, I think the best is wait 6 weeks, phone your DFO or make a turn at your local DFO's office and check if the card in not already there.

  5. #5335
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sandton
    Posts
    3,720

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    I have never received an SMS for card collection. The only SMS that I have got with every license app on the the 'new' system has been the approval one. The rest are hit and miss.

  6. #5336
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Age
    34
    Posts
    154

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    I'm not sure, my experience in short is CFR / Call Center is UNRELIABLE.
    I was approved on 18 February 2022.
    I decided to call and see if my license card has at least been printed, I managed to get through to the CFR call center on 22 March 2022.
    I asked him can he please check if my license card has at least been printed as yet, he said no it had not yet been printed and I should call back the following week.
    Then on 24 March 2022 I received this SMS

    SAPS msg: Licence **** for calibre 9MM PAR (9X19MM) s/n ***** can be collected. Contact your relevant DFO.

    I collected my license card and firearm on 25 March 2022.

    So in short, I think the best is wait 6 weeks, phone your DFO or make a turn at your local DFO's office and check if the card in not already there.
    Unfortunately not everyone has the same luck/DFO. A friend of mine had his license approved around the same time in Feb, he was at the DFO last week again and still no card.

  7. #5337

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian40 View Post
    S15 applied 14/03/22
    Approved today 24/05/22... 71 calendar days.
    Appplied 17th March still at provincial DFO GP, I dont have luck at all

  8. #5338
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Age
    33
    Posts
    399

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    Quote Originally Posted by SibuMolo View Post
    Appplied 17th March still at provincial DFO GP, I dont have luck at all
    I applied similar timeline as you. Mine is still a PROV DFO kzn... Also never have any luck with these things.. Depressing really

    Sent from my PPA-LX2 using Tapatalk

  9. #5339
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Sandton
    Age
    30
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    Some of these assholes really need to start playing the lotto... I am on 74 working days and still Send to CFR(AVS)... And then you hear about the Cape Town peeps getting sorted in 14 working days...

    Might be easier in the future to "move down" to Durbanville for a month and "back" after your app gets approved!

  10. #5340
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    edgemead cpt
    Posts
    253

    Default Re: Licence approvals data base

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Some of these assholes really need to start playing the lotto... I am on 74 working days and still Send to CFR(AVS)... And then you hear about the Cape Town peeps getting sorted in 14 working days...

    Might be easier in the future to "move down" to Durbanville for a month and "back" after your app gets approved!
    I was thinking about playing the lottery mmmm
    2 apps handed in begin Feb both approved 11 May and from cape town :)

Page 534 of 538 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 524 532 533 534 535 536 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bullet performance data base
    By steph350 in forum General Hunting Discussion
    Replies: 816
    Last Post: 24-06-2022, 17:58
  2. Licence refusals - Data base
    By FrankH in forum Firearm Licensing and Re-licensing
    Replies: 420
    Last Post: 21-07-2021, 14:40
  3. Licence Appeals - Data base
    By Craig in forum Firearm Licensing and Re-licensing
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 13-02-2020, 15:33
  4. Shooting club data base??
    By Optimistix in forum Shooting Associations, Representatives, Organisations and Clubs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-01-2014, 12:23
  5. SLR Licence approvals??
    By PARMKKK in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 12:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •