Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Looking for good training dvd's

Hi guys hope some of the knife gurus out there can help me. Looking for a good knife training dvd(s). I have searched and read a couple of threads but cannot find anything.

Suggested dvd's should be female friendly as well as my wife will train with me.

Thanks all.

User

Default Re: Looking for good training dvd's

I think it is very difficult to train from DVD's - Escpecially something like blade work. One of the first problems would be that you will not be able to correct yourself nor will you pick up incorrect angles etc. from watching a DVD.
    Some Martial arts orginisations also publish books and film material that specifically leave out important sections or even go as far as to showing it "incorrectly". Remember though they make money from it it is more done for marketing purpouses.

There are quite a few Amok training schools around - have a look at the website.

Longshot, I have advertised under my dealers section that we are going to place an order at Paladin Press, I am the local agent for them, you can go and take a look at the website http://www.paladin-press.com/ and let me know if you want something, or have any inquiries?

User

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    There are quite a few Amok training schools around - have a look at the website.
    +1

User

Unfortunately there arent any schools in Bloem. The only two guys I know who knew how to handle knives are no longer here. So untill someone comes to educate us, a dvd will have to do.

Thanks for the heads up wthang, will keep that in mind.

Thanks swattie will have a look and get back to you.

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...-Paladin-Press ask for McCanns "Knife Kombativ" or something dvd

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

eerrgh sorry only saw now Swattie had replied, disregard my reply above this LS, my bad!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

So the cat goes in amongst the pigeons- which is better McCans or amok? If it has already been discussed please post the link.

User

I'd be biased to say Amok :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    So the cat goes in amongst the pigeons- which is better McCans or amok? If it has already been discussed please post the link.

You can not compare the 2 systems, really Mccan's stuff is simpler and quicker to learn, kind of when you are in a rush to get it, Amok is more for the long term committed person and is slightly more involved and technical, but really you can not compare the 2, my own training leans far more towards Mccan's stuff!

User

Well the way the sh!t has been hitting me ( break in attempts, hijacking attemp, car theft attemps) I want something that can be taught fast, but still be effective. Wish I could get some amok training for the long run, but wishes doesnt kick bg asses.
    Swattie, mail inbound.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast