Default **Posse Call up** /Are you safe in a Gun Free Zone?

Are you safe in a Gun Free Zone?

by Dion Goldie

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/YourS...-Zone-20110210

2011-02-10 11:11
    The purpose of a Gun Free Zone (GFZ) is to ensure that no firearm based criminal activity can take place in the GFZ!

The immediate problem when you walk into a GFZ is that the vast majority are done on an honour system! Obedience by way of potential punishment if caught with a firearm in a GFZ!

So what’s the problem then? My question is how effective is a GFZ in reality? It really depends on how you look at it!

Let’s take it from a law abiding citizen’s point of view!

I trust that I will be much safer in a GFZ than walking in the street. I also assume that everyone else around me is also being law abiding and is also unarmed! "Utopia on earth! A place where I am safe and no-one can harm me".

Okay, let’s take it from a criminal's point of view!

What does a criminal want almost as much as being able to get away with his crime? To be able to perpetrate the crime without hindrance. So a GFZ is a perfect place to perpetrate an armed crime! After all, the criminal will be the only one there with a firearm as his very nature dictates that he does not give a damn about the law!

So for a criminal a GFZ is "Utopia on earth! A place where I am safe and no-one can harm me.

How many school shootings in the USA have you heard about? How many postal worker shootings in the USA have you heard about? How many office shootings have you heard about? What’s the common factor? The vast majority of these places were GFZ's!

So what’s the answer? The recent shooting of a US congresswoman by a maniac resulted in a number dead and the congresswoman severely wounded! Do you know that the assault was halted as a result of an armed citizen intervening?

My last point is this! When is a firearm effective as a deterrent against criminals? When it’s fired, or when it’s produced to prevent a criminal act, or when the threat of a firearm being in the vicinity of the crime?

Firearm control is not about controlling crime! It is about controlling the population and ensuring that people cannot stand up and defend themselves against those who would seek to subjugate the law abiding, be it criminals or a totalitarian government!

Do not give up your right to own a firearm without a fight. It could mean your life!

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/YourS...-Zone-20110210
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Default Re: **Posse Call up** /Are you safe in a Gun Free Zone?

commented, thanks!

User

Posted

GFZ...what a joke!!
    Why do criminals hit shopping malls? They aren't stupid, they know that it's a GFZ, so no opposition. Wouldn't it be great to have a mall welcome legally owned firearms, and do a survey on how many times THAT mall gets hit.

Do people still believe that criminals will get rid of their guns if the civilian population get rid of theirs?
    Hopefully all those that advocate a GFSA and GFZ drink down a large cup of Wake The Hell Up!

Canada scrapped thier gun registration legislation as unworkable, Sweeden is well armed, loads of gun owners, Austrailia has suffered a massive increase in violent crime since banning guns, murder is more common in Saudi than you might think (oh and they chop peoples heads off if they are caught, the criminal underworld in japan is well known to be heavily armed, and ireland, well lets just not go there...When last did you hear of "mass murder at gun convention" Not likely.

User

I never feel more insecure than when I am in an enforced gun free (or wepaon free) zone like the courts or government buildings!