Default Raven Concealment Systems

Hi Guys. Does anyone here sell the Raven ACR? or is my best bet buying directly from the manufacturer in the US?
    I really want 1 of these

http://www.ravenconcealmentsystems.c...oducts_id=1592

User

Default Re: Raven Concealment Systems

direct import is your best bet as far as i know, they ship internationally at reasonable rates.

User

I've got one on order... LONG WAIT! Do yourself a favour and contact Geoff Carter (Search him under dealers) he makes a similar product here in S.A and his service from what I've seen is outstanding!
    I regrettably only discovered him and his holsters after I had ordered my RCS. But if you're still keen on the RCS then direct order online is the only way to go. Good luck!

Give Geoff a go. His products are tip top.
    MOLON LABE

Having owned two Ravens, I think the basic design is a very good one for outside-the-belt concealment wear (OWB) but not so much if used IWB, where the CompTac MTAC beats it all hollow IMO. I ended up giving the Ravens to good friends and keeping a close copy made by a 'no name' guy in Michigan who has addressed the weaknesses of Raven's version. I also have and use a couple of Geoff's holsters and must say that he not only gives you a well thought out, great quality product, but he does it at a lower cost with far less wait time.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Thanks guys :) I have a IWB from Geoff carter, im quite happy with it.
    Ikor, ive heard good things about the MTAC but is the CompTac appendix carry holster any good? have you owned 1? what are the weaknesses of Raven IWB?

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

oh... im looking specifically for an appendix holster..

Well...Swattie managed to break one of the Ravens, but then that guy can break an anvil! He once took my G19 that had been as reliable as a Swiss watch and in less then 30 seconds had it malfunctioning...no joke!

As explained to me by Geoff and a couple others, the basic Raven design has a couple of stress points that can cause problems after some use. Here in the states they will replace it post-haste so few say much about it...across the 'big water' replacement is not so simple. They have also tweaked their designs lately in response to some of these issues.

Lots of guys like and use the appendix carry, but I have never been one of them. I have carried far too long at 3-4 o'clock to change now. I am pretty sure Khumba carries some of the CompTac appendix rigs too. The position has both strong and weak points, as do others.

Look here for a good discussion on AIWB carry by Todd Green...

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2998
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Geoff is great ans always improving but Raven is my next on list to buy. A mate of mine has a few and some have had some issues (stress points) but he is so happy with them that he does not care :)

Also look at Geoffs multi carry - (Geoff correct me if I am wrong) They are similar

Quote Originally Posted by wthang View Post
    Geoff is great ans always improving but Raven is my next on list to buy. A mate of mine has a few and some have had some issues (stress points) but he is so happy with them that he does not care :)

Also look at Geoffs multi carry - (Geoff correct me if I am wrong) They are similar
    If this is the same friend we are talking about he's just been around here and is now intending to sell off all his Raven gear to buy my holsters :D

Multi-Carry was inspired by Raven but has moved on since then and will continue to evolve.

wpeg stand by I'm pretty busy right now but I will find the time to experiment with the ACR style soon.

I must be honest, my raven is world class.... Best I used so far