Thread: Kershaw Blur

User

Default Kershaw Blur

Hi guys

I just need to teel people who will actually appreciate this.

After completing a knife fighting course at out Krav Maga training, I decided to treat myself with a propper EDC knife. Of I went to Sharp Edge in Sandton.

I knew I wanted a tactical folder with assisted opening. After driving the poor salesman up the wall with a million questions etc and hundereds of demos I decided on this bad boy. Kershaw Blur. This particular Kershaw carrying the Ken Onion name.

The spring assisted opening is awesoem and opens with a re-assuring snap locking in place every time. It is very very quick, Easy opening both hands and a reversible clip for tip up/down carry. It is extremly nasty sharp straight out of the box.

Awesome knife, well I think so anyway.

Thanks

User

Default Re: Kershaw Blur

Looks nice,how much moola?

User

Hi G

Was a R1000 even

User

Looks pretty handy.I'm a Kershaw fan.

User

Back in the 80's I owned a Kershaw fixed blade skinner, IIRC it was a Field & Stream model. It had the black micarta grip with the finger grooves, slight drop and a deep belly. Knife was easy to sharpen, but would loose its edge quickly. Pamphlet claimed Blade hardness to be 57 on the Rockwell scale. Had it tested at the Engineering faculty at Stellenbosch, actual hardness was 44.
    Don't know if this was the bad egg in the tray, but I've never seriously looked at another Kershaw since

Dude dont let them diss your Kershaw I carry a junkyard dog every day.It tough and keeps a good edge and is easy to sharpen.Love your own knife keep it close and keep it sharp.Above all when you in shft up to you neck and have to use it "Keep moving and keep it wet."

User

Dude, I lost one of those to JHB international security, forgot it was in my pocket, too late to put in checked in baggage. Had to give to a guy at the counter and took his number down. When I got back, he says its missing from his desk. Its a brilliant knife that, opens slicker than a phoender at a matric dance.

User

Haha! Buddy of mine had the same problem at airport security with his Leatherman, but he flatly refused to give it up. Ran to the CNA, bought a padded A5 envelope but couldn't find any stamps anywhere!

So he decided screw 'em, they will NOT get my Leatherman, rather the Post Office - he scribbled the address down and drop it in the mailbox - no stamps!

Two weeks later his Leatherman rocks up in his mailbox! AND, he didn't even have to go post-pay for the postage! Classic!