Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Letter to DA

Default Letter to DA

FWIW I just bashed off a letter to the DA with a few issues that have been bugging me.

Hi There

I’m writing specifically about the following article on your site http://www.da.org.za/newsroom.htm?ac...s-item&id=6517 but a few other things as well.

I would like to know if the officers that were responsible for the losses of these (and other) firearms were treated with the EXACT same yardstick as for private citizens, and as prescribed by the law?
    Are they still carrying State firearms? If so why?
    Do they have licensed private firearms and if so why?
    Does the law not apply to them?
    If the law does not apply to the State then why must it apply to the citizens?

Why is it that the DA believes in the right to posses firearms, but wants Cape Town to be a Gun Free Zone?
    What is the true stance here?
    Does the DA truly believe that they will become the ONLY political party/municipality in the World that will be able to ensure that criminals abide by a “Gun Free Zone”.

Your responses will be appreciated and widely disseminated.

Thank you.

If / when I get a response I'll post it here.

Default Re: Letter to DA

great keep us posted

User

I'm really interested in seeing their response to this!

User

Well done chap.

I am confused where was the part about the DA wanting CT to become Gun Free?
    if so tcgft
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

User

Actually, i confess that i did not read the article, which i have now done.

What they are saying to government is that the reason for the implementation of the FCA is the effective control of firearms in society and that it INCLUDES government departments. It also says that govt departments in possession of weapons dont necessarily need them and for that reason should be re evaluated and should hand their weapons in if they are not required for their duties etc. CT has led the way in assessing these departments and handed in weapons from various govt departments who do not need the weapons..... all in all i say good news and seems as though the DA are in fact holding the govt to the same yard stick as we as private gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by abhm View Post
    I am confused where was the part about the DA wanting CT to become Gun Free?
    if so tcgft
    The DA proposed a while back that they wanted CPT to be a Gun Free Zone, a quick search turned up the following.

http://www.christianaction.org.za/fi...sesGunFree.htm

I would like to see control replaced with management or administration or some such descriptor which is less inherently punitive, also they also dont understand that firearms control has sweet fanny adams to do with crime control! the DA hasnt exactly blown me away on their stance on firearms imo, even not being a one issue voter they dont really strike me as an answer to our problems!

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 856 fps View Post
    The DA proposed a while back that they wanted CPT to be a Gun Free Zone, a quick search turned up the following.

http://www.christianaction.org.za/fi...sesGunFree.htm
    sorry CRAFTS attack, was the DA running Cape Town in 04?
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Yes they have been running the W/Cape for 10 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by 856 fps View Post
    Yes they have been running the W/Cape for 10 years now.
    thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast