Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Federal premium ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    As exciting as this debate is, it is, as has been pointed out, entirely irrelevant as they arent available here.

You may as well talk about the superiority of unicorn horn vs minotaur horn for knife scales.
    Just because of availability issues, doesn't make the question/thread irrelevant.
    And if you don't find it exciting, stop reading!

User

Agreed.

Plenty similar discussions on this site...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Just because of availability issues, doesn't make the question/thread irrelevant.
    And if you don't find it exciting, stop reading!

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    As exciting as this debate is, it is, as has been pointed out, entirely irrelevant as they arent available here.

You may as well talk about the superiority of unicorn horn vs minotaur horn for knife scales.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

Banned

this is so funny. go stand infront of your handgun and let me shoot you with a hydra shock and we see if its seriously underpowered bla bla bla. tied up next to three other, one bleeding from the neck, witnessed 5 taken on, two dead one's leg shot of at 30cm. one ran. first one double in chest. made it 2m eyes still open. second at 20m in back out the heart THROUGH A LEATHER JACKET. made it 10m dead in running form.

Placement ppl. you can kill someone with a pellet gun. if your a k@k shot dont blame the bullets

User

I once read an article of a guy who shot and killed an elephant with a .22 Hornet. Why don't you take a .22 Hornet and shoot elephants with it, will you? If the elephant doesn't die, don't blame the bullets.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I once read an article of a guy who shot and killed an elephant with a .22 Hornet. Why don't you take a .22 Hornet and shoot elephants with it, will you? If the elephant doesn't die, don't blame the bullets.
    with your reasoning lets shoot a whale with a bb gun. if the whale doesnt die lets blame for you being an ______

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I find minotaur horn to be better wearing with more grip due to the rougher texture. Unicorn horn - that's just gay!

User

No DRAATH, that's your reasoning. You obviously don't know the importance of a decent bullet and think it's all hogwash. Let's all carry sub-sonic .22LR rounds to shoot with, as obviously shot placement is everything, and a .22LR round in the brain will kill instantly. Right? Wrong.Ammo is designed as they are for a reason. If, for any reason, you cannot place a shot perfectly (which is preferred), you carry premium ammunition to let them stop the threat even when you don't perfectly hit vitals.Do a test - shoot a block of ballistics gel with an underpowered FMJ and another block with a full-powered, 147gr Federal HST or Winchester Ranger T. See the difference. Yes, the difference matters not when you hit the BG in the head or spine, but if you don't and hit, say, lungs or liver, the expanding bullet delivering a lot more energy to the target has a much, much larger chance to incapacitate due to hydrostatic shock, stopping power (slaankrag), etc. etc. than the underpowered FMJ.The ammo is there for a reason. If you don't want to use it and the drugged-up maniac in your house still manage to stab you with the steak knife because your FMJ's just wizz through him causing relatively minor flesh wounds - that's your bad.

Banned

Good reply. Argued federal HS was quite able to kill two and mame one. The argument was FHS is underpowered and shait. Proving that's wrong. In a stressful fatal incounter where iaming was a luxury it still killed two. I only contested that.

User

I see your point, and I would still argue with you... :)Because? Because there's another reason as well. You're talking about situations where one round killed two and stopped in the third. There's a problem. I don't want that. What would happen if your FMJ is to pass straight through the BG and continue to hit an innocent bystander behind him? Remember you are held responsible for every grain of lead passing through your pistol - would you want to take that risk? Regardless if you hit vitals or not, the round is going to cause damage you don't want. Rather pay R6 for a good round, have it do it's job and stop at that. You're not going to shoot ultra-fast monolithic solids into a group of buffalo from a .338 LM because it's stupid. Same reason I'm not going to shoot a BG in a shopping center with FMJ's. That's asking for a lot of collateral damage - something civvies can't afford.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast