Default .308 RWS T-MANTEL (by Dynamit Nobel) for hunting Kudu. 170gr.VS. PRVI PARTIZAN GROM.

Hi Guys,

Does anybody have any knowledge of these bullets or any hunting experience with it?
    Will be hunting Kudu this year and saw it at Rosenthals in CT. It's a German product but I can't seem to find any reviews on it. They're selling it for something like R170 per box, so very cheap, but if there's any negative experiences on game out there one will obviously stay away. Cheers
    They also stock the Prvi Partizan Grom in 170gr, can someone possibly make a recommendation?

User

Default Re: .308 RWS T-MANTEL (by Dynamit Nobel) for hunting Kudu. 170gr.VS. PRVI PARTIZAN GR

Google it - they claim it is tough - similar design to a Rhino. Solid copper shank with small lead core. I have no experience of it at all but a mate of mine culled thousands of animals with the regukar Prvi stuff and was happy with it. At R170 per box it is worth buying and trying. Let us know!

User

Default Re: .308 RWS T-MANTEL (by Dynamit Nobel) for hunting Kudu. 170gr.VS. PRVI PARTIZAN GR

The Grom is very good.
    Has a solid shank like Rhino, but the front isn't corebonded like the Rhino.
    Should get expansion at low velocities.
    Would buy them in a second if they made them in 6mm.
    Been trying to find a decent bullet for my 6x45
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Mylani - have you tried the 85gr Rhino in 6mm? It is the bomb! I shoot the 85gr SGK as my standard load for most things and turn to the 85gr Rhino when I need a premium - for Hogs, Bushpigs etc

User

Dave, I use Rhino's in my .308 and am very happy with them.
    However, I don't know if the Rhino's will open at the low velocities of the 6x45, max being 2500fps.
    The experts say that standard bullets will perform due to the velocities, but I'd prefer a semi premium bullet at least. Core Bonded or Solid Shank
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Thank you MyLani and Dave,

Have not found out much about the T-MANTEL, but went to the range yesterday and they group really really well, was quite impressed. In terms of hunting, surely the Germans won't produce a sub-standard hunting bullet?

User

Kaapjagter - I did manage to find RWS T Mantel on Google and it looks really good! Try and GOOGLE it yourself and see what you get.

Banned

Dont know the Grom but the standard Prvi makes the pmp brown box look premium. Got a couple of dug out heads and the Prvi plain even seppared in 308 speeds

Hi all. Is there a specific reason for shooting 170gr? I am currently happy with my pmp 150gr, would've loved to buy them at those prices though...