Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Ziess good to go or not

Hi. I have recieved my license on my 223rem. i have lynx on two of my other rifles but was thinking of going for a ziess. does anybody have a ziess 2*10*42 duralyt. how good is the optics and clearity on these scopes and how good is the ziess on the whole.

User

Default Re: Ziess good to go or not

Zeiss scopes are probably some of the best scopes that money can buy. In the same class as Zwarovski and Leica. If you're buying a good quality scope, do yourself a favor and take all three these brands for a test drive.

User

Zeiss manufacture several ranges of scopes. The Diavari is top of the line metric scope. Then they made the Conquest range (in inches) for the American market, still a good scope, but not quite in the Diavari bracket. Latest line is the Duralyt scope, which is basically inline with the Conquest range, but its metric.
    I have a Conquest and I'm very happy with all aspects of this scope.

User

According to several of the Europeans we spoke to at IWA they rate Zeiss well below Swarovski, S&B, Kahles.

Zeiss is most definately not in the same class as Swarovski imo.

User

It'll depend on the model. I've looked, but I can't seem to find retail Duralyt's for pricing.

The Conquest in 3-9x40 retails for about $500
    The Diavari in 2.5-10x42 goes for about $1600

Its similar to the Leupold brand, offering something for eveeryone's pocket, except Zeiss has some really, really expensive top of the range scopes. Those will probably compare well to Swarovski. I'm talking in the $3k range.
    Zeiss has been in the lens making business for a long time, and they'll be sure to back their product up.

User

Ha Ha, & you'll be buying a German Scope (upper side of good IMO) with glass cut in Boksburg!
    ex-Eloptro was bought out by them & manufacture some of the lenses here... Don't wotty, they all get shipped out to Gerry-land & come back as complete scopes.
    IMHO S&B is pretty much up there looking down on the rest. NightForce as well, but not as much a hunting scope.

Enjou your rifle & glass, take your time, go look through all the glass you can @ Huntex.
    Go have a look at Vortex as well Viper PST & Razor HD.

In the end, you're going to look through the glass, and no matter what other people said, you must love and trust your weapon.

Rgds

SvN

User

thanks guys for the advice. I think the best will be then to check them all out at hunt ex and see whats best from there.

User

ZEISS Duralyt is made by Meopta
    Zeiss classic is made from parts from a host of producers some i japan some turkey some USA but assemled in Germany
    And ONLY the Victory is made and assembled in Germany

I have had the highest waranty issues with the classic and Duralyt compared to anyother Quality scope i sell

I rate Kahles as the best
    2:Swarovski
    3:Schmitt and Bender
    4:IOR
    5:Minox/Leica
    6:zeiss Victory
    7:Leopold
    8:Trijicon
    9:Karl Kaps
    10: Meopta/Zeissduralyt

I base this on tests done by norwegan Hunters and on warenty and sales .
    But the avarage Norwegan buys and uses High Quality Scopes and Firearms because of the hunting climate EG:Dark/cold/rainy/Misty. Most Hunting is Done in thick Dark Forest Where Light absorbtion through the lenses makes or brakes your Hunt (Seeing your target )

User

IOR Valdada at No:4 ??

User

It is one of the best tactical scopes i have ever used . I have a pitbul 1or4 x 32 with illuminated CQB reticul . The lenses are made by Shott in germany and is the most clear scope i own and a 35mm tube gives a lot more.I also have a 6-24x50(35)IL on My 338 laupua and have NEVER had any warranty issues with them so yes it my 4th best overall .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast