Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Member

User

Default Re: New Member

My thoughts, for what it's worth are concerning safety, when you say "unless it's comfortable in a pocket I won't carry it" do you literally mean having a loaded pistol in your pants pocket, inside a holster ?
    From a safety and "drawing" aspect I would suggest rather look into options like a PHLster Enigma, slingbag, belly band etc...

User

For your need I would say a glock 43 would work. Nice and compact but personally I would not carry anything that takes less than 10 rounds in a magazine and smaller than a 9mm.

Happy shopping

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Branden88 View Post
    My thoughts, for what it's worth are concerning safety, when you say "unless it's comfortable in a pocket I won't carry it" do you literally mean having a loaded pistol in your pants pocket, inside a holster ?
    From a safety and "drawing" aspect I would suggest rather look into options like a PHLster Enigma, slingbag, belly band etc...
    I was planning on a Sticky in the pocket. I have a Sling bag in which I carry my Glock 26. I also have a belly band but I'm not sure I could wear that 24/7.

User

Quote Originally Posted by iceman108 View Post
    For your need I would say a glock 43 would work. Nice and compact but personally I would not carry anything that takes less than 10 rounds in a magazine and smaller than a 9mm.

Happy shopping

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk
    Gotcha. Will be testing a 43 at the range this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Robfisher View Post
    Gotcha. Will be testing a 43 at the range this week.
    If it comes down to the Glock 43 vs the Glock 42, I'd suggest going with the 43. With both of them, there is the compromise of lesser carrying capacity. They're both more or less the same dimensions but the .380 is not enough stopping power. There are mag extensions available too.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    If it comes down to the Glock 43 vs the Glock 42, I'd suggest going with the 43. With both of them, there is the compromise of lesser carrying capacity. They're both more or less the same dimensions but the .380 is not enough stopping power. There are mag extensions available too.
    Understood. My happy stick for my G26 should arrive this coming week! That will be fun at the range! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Robfisher View Post
    Understood. My happy stick for my G26 should arrive this coming week! That will be fun at the range! :-)
    Howsit Uncle Rob

Your celebrity precedes you.

This forum will want you not just to arm yourself, but to train and carry full time.

You have to be realistic about the kind of changes that you're willing to make to ensure that you're armed and ready at all times.

You can carry with drawstring shorts, but you will need to use a system like the PHLSTER enigma which allows you to carry a subcompact or even a compact firearm in a stable platform. It may be something that you're willing to do, or it may be forgotten in a drawer in a couple weeks.

If appendix carry and straps over your undies aren't something that you're prepared to endure, a bellyband may be what you're looking for.

If neither appeals, understand that buying a micro compact like an LCP for an empty chamber pocket carry won't be a popular or effective choice, but may be the only way to ensure that you're pseudo-armed and almost ready at all times.

The G26 is a kickass choice of firearm that was the gold standard of EDC until about 5 years ago, everything that came thereafter sacrificed capacity with the exception of the P365 and it's derivatives.

It may be an option to try out carry options with your G26 before buying a smaller firearm. If you decide that you're going to pocket carry, the 43/P365 are too big. If you're going to carry in your manbag, you might at well buy a bigger gun.

User

Quote Originally Posted by arbdullah View Post
    Howsit Uncle Rob

Your celebrity precedes you.

This forum will want you not just to arm yourself, but to train and carry full time.

You have to be realistic about the kind of changes that you're willing to make to ensure that you're armed and ready at all times.

You can carry with drawstring shorts, but you will need to use a system like the PHLSTER enigma which allows you to carry a subcompact or even a compact firearm in a stable platform. It may be something that you're willing to do, or it may be forgotten in a drawer in a couple weeks.

If appendix carry and straps over your undies aren't something that you're prepared to endure, a bellyband may be what you're looking for.

If neither appeals, understand that buying a micro compact like an LCP for an empty chamber pocket carry won't be a popular or effective choice, but may be the only way to ensure that you're pseudo-armed and almost ready at all times.

The G26 is a kickass choice of firearm that was the gold standard of EDC until about 5 years ago, everything that came thereafter sacrificed capacity with the exception of the P365 and it's derivatives.

It may be an option to try out carry options with your G26 before buying a smaller firearm. If you decide that you're going to pocket carry, the 43/P365 are too big. If you're going to carry in your manbag, you might at well buy a bigger gun.
    Hiya Stranger, After a couple of weeks of research, shooting, chatting to other gun owners and more research I'm still no closer to a final choice. I know I really should get the LCP but the Sig P365X is the one my heart wants and now that I have decent gun belts I will give it a test drive with my G26 and see how we go. I think the best all-around option for me is a sling bag - guns, spare vape, juice, cell phone, wallet, knife and spare mag! And then I can get the Sig.

User

When it comes to carrying in track suit pants (or similar draw string variety pants) and a t-shirt I have found that my sticky holster simply out does even my kydex options of carry. I have concealed even my 45 Commander series easily, and apart from the fact that I might not be able to play rugby with this style of carry I have found that I forget that I even have a FA on my it's so comfortable. It could work for your G26, possibly try it?

User

Quote Originally Posted by da_panman View Post
    When it comes to carrying in track suit pants (or similar draw string variety pants) and a t-shirt I have found that my sticky holster simply out does even my kydex options of carry. I have concealed even my 45 Commander series easily, and apart from the fact that I might not be able to play rugby with this style of carry I have found that I forget that I even have a FA on my it's so comfortable. It could work for your G26, possibly try it?
    I have a sticky and it is the best current option... but a fully loaded G26 is simply too heavy for me to carry 24/7 like that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3