Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Just launched the hardcopy of my book 'How To Become A Professional Hunter In Africa'

Folks

Just to let you know that the 2nd edition of my book How to Become A Professional Hunter In Africa is now available in hardcover here: http://www.shakariconnection.com/how...rica-book.html

You should also be able to order it from your local bookshops fairly soon and the ISBN number is: 978-1-4475-3982-7

The book is hardcover with dustjacket, about 62000 words. almost 90 images and chapters on:

1 How To Get Started
    2 South African PH Training Syllabus
    3 PH Training Advice
    4 Back to School - African PH Training
    5 Getting Your First PH Licence
    6 Hunting Legalities
    7 Getting Operational
    8 Firearms & Ammunition
    9 Hunting Kit
    10 Building Camp In A Wilderness Area
    11 Fly Camps
    12 Developing A Hunting Area
    13 Hunting Trucks
    14 Hunt Marketing
    15 Hunt Management
    16 Taxidermy
    17 Health
    18 Top Tips, Handy Hints & Summary

And I've managed to keep the price down to US$47.99 or UKP29.99.

The less expensive e-book version is available here: http://www.shakariconnection.com/how...in-africa.html

It's also available in Kindle format from Amazon.

I feel like I've just given birth to my first born!

My thanks to the mods for permission to post the news.

User

Default Re: Just launched the hardcopy of my book 'How To Become A Professional Hunter In Afr

Congratulations - hope you have great success with it.

User

Default Re: Just launched the hardcopy of my book 'How To Become A Professional Hunter In Afr

Thanks. It'll never be anywhere near a best seller because it's a niche market but I hope it'll be of help to all those aspiring young and not so young PHs out there. :)

And of course, to any hunter who just wants to know more about how things work in a hunting camp/area/company and how the PH manages to make it all work for him, often under difficult circumstances.

Well done
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

You've got a buyer right here! :)

User

Congratulations on your publication, and I wish you all the best with it.

User

Congratulations!
    Would it be possible to get an autographed book? My brother in law is in Nelspruit. It would make a great present for my son, who is quite keen to combine a PH course with his studies in Ecology Management.

User

If he doesn't mind waiting for some to arrive with me, I'll be more than happy to do it that way.... alternatively, if you're in a hurry, you could order one and also email me at shakari3@mweb.co.za with your postal address and I'll write something appropriate on a piece of suitable paper, mail it down to you and you can then paste it in.

Just let me know what you'd prefer.

If you order it online and have it delivered to a large town address, it should get to you within about 10 days but the problem with the Lowveld here is that it takes a week to get to Jo'burg and then a month to Nelspruit and another month from Nelspruit to White River....... With the exception of one guy, the post office here is as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking party.

User

No rush, his birthday is in December.
    I will keep in touch via PM regarding availability.
    Thanks!

User

OK buddy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast