Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The silence is deafening Gun Free South Africa

Johannesburg - The National Conventional Arms Control Committee (NCACC) annual report for 2010 showed that South Africa sold weapons to Libya worth about R70m last year, the Sunday Independent reported.

This included Category A weapons worth R1.9m, Category B weapons worth R10.7m and Category C weapons worth R56.2m.

NCACC chairperson and Justice Minister Jeff Radebe said South Africa exported arms worth R80.9m to Libya between 2003 and 2009.

He refused to say whether more weapons went to Libya last year ahead of that country's civil unrest.......................

South African law prohibited the sale of weapons to countries where they may contribute to international repression, human rights violations or were likely to escalate regional military conflicts, endanger peace or threaten regional stability.

The NCACC was supposed to oversee weapons and military equipment transactions to ensure this did not happen.

Last year government approved the sale of more than R35bn of military hardware to 78 of the world's most repressive regimes according to the report.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...Libya-20110410
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Banned

Default Re: The silence is deafening Gun Free South Africa

GFSA was put in place to bring about the implementation of the FCB and CFR as it is now. Nothing else. They have accomplished the task and, to continue the facade, continue to exist. We should not expect them to give any meaningful input on current matters of importance. They do not have the mental ability. They are populated by a small number of fringe lunatics who lead the unthinking by the nose, until the unthinking start thinking and reasoning logically. They have difficulty replacing patrons who support their lunatic cause as the patrons die off.

User

Under these circumstances I wouldn't expect comments from the peanut gallery.

User

Cmon Nats we all know you're reading this. Why not give us your views. Doesn't even have to be the official GFSA line. Just a comment on something that you must have an opinion on.

User

Posted this question to John Oliver was shot down. Owe well. can only ask. He says he does not entertain small gun lobby groups ;-)
    I hack for charity, Shoot for fun!

User

Quote Originally Posted by wormyzn View Post
    Posted this question to John Oliver was shot down. Owe well. can only ask. He says he does not entertain small gun lobby groups ;-)
    I figure that translates into:"oh no,I've been caught out on that one,and I dont have a friggin clue as to how I am supposed to respond....,Nats help,please,Nats?Where are you,Nats?"

Quote Originally Posted by wormyzn View Post
    He says he does not entertain small gun lobby groups ;-)
    If ever there was a small lobby group , Gun Free South Africa , is it!

They unfortunately do seem to have a couple of benefactors with more more than brains.

Oh , they also "seem" to have access to certain people in government ,which naturally helps.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

User

Follow the money
    "There is no second place winner in a gunfight" - B Jordan

User

LMAO... :) still no reply every time I asked John about SA sales of arms..
    I hack for charity, Shoot for fun!

User

Yeah, all that the good reverend has done so far is to try and appease gun-owners by saying that GFSA has nothing against responsible gun-ownership.

At best it's an unintentional misrepresentation of the truth, at worst it's a blatant lie. Waiting for him to clarify (doesn't seem as if Natalie wants to play though).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast