Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Remington 700 SPS Tactical

Looked at howa's range, and in my opinion is the Remington 308 SPS tactical, all the way... the thing about a rifle it depends on the shooter, the same with a bow, its all about personal preference... my friend just bought the tactical, and he is over the flippen moon. you mite wear tight wighty underwear, where someone else will enjoy wearing bowers. at the end of the day its all personal peference!

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    The SPS Tactical is very accurate out of the box - our sample shoots 1/2moa at 100m. We have some on back order (model with htreaded barrel and thread protector) with the importer and the price should be around R12K.

ETA is not sure at this stage and they did not arrive with the new arrival of Remington stock in the past week or so.
    Khumba, what are the chances of a lefthand version? Although I haven't seen a lefthand version of these in Remington's catalogue...
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

Some of the bolt-actions mentioned here differs in price quite a lot. Do you get what you pay for, or might there be another reason?

It seems the quality of the stock plays a large role. But is there really that big of a difference in the action and barrel of say a Tikka T3 Varminter (+- R 14 000), Tikka Super Varminter (+- R 19 000) and Tikka Tactical (+- R 26 000)?

The Tikka T3 Tactical's barrel is made from cold hammer forged CR-MO match grade steel, which would explain some of it, but is it that much better in barrel life and accuracy than standard cold hammer forged carbon steel?

The Remington SPS Tactical goes for around R 12 000 and then you can get for instance a Steyr SSG 69 for about R 25 000. The SAKO TRG's has got quite a more advanced stock, but at around R 40 000 is the action, barrel quality, barrel life and accuracy really that much different between these?

The FN Police bolt action rifle has a chrome lined barrel which should mean extended barrel life compared to other?
    Last edited by 47; 27-09-2011 at 13:01.
    Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving with a well preserved body...

User

Re FN Police with Chrome lined barrel - I would not go for a cl barrel where the whole purpose of the rifle is extreme accuracy...

Thanks Khumba!

User

Real nice gun, I've had one for more than 5 years now. I think the more I shoot it the better the gun gets. I've shot it mostly at 500m and I get 20mm consistent groupings. I don't like this gun, I love it. Since I reload I think this gun is greatest tactical gun I've shot up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny26 View Post
    Real nice gun, I've had one for more than 5 years now. I think the more I shoot it the better the gun gets. I've shot it mostly at 500m and I get 20mm consistent groupings. I don't like this gun, I love it. Since I reload I think this gun is greatest tactical gun I've shot up to now.
    Good to hear sonny! Can you please post an intro we would love to meet you.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man…"

User

I also bought me one. The aac-sd version which comes with a threaded barrel from the factory aswell as a 1 in 10 twist instead of the 1 in 8 twist. Also bought the accuracy international chassis stock for it with a nightforce nxs 8 -32 x 56. Unluckilly I am still waiting for the licence.

Seeing that you guys have played around with the Tactical range, do you maybe have load data for me? I just got my aac-sd and don't know where to start on my load testing. The 1 in 10 is a strange twist to me, I'm used to my dad's 1 in 12 308 and the aac-sd doesn't like the same load. I did replace the stock with a good quality, ridged stock to get the barrel floating. Any info is greatly appreciated!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Erik.Combrink View Post
    Seeing that you guys have played around with the Tactical range, do you maybe have load data for me? I just got my aac-sd and don't know where to start on my load testing. The 1 in 10 is a strange twist to me, I'm used to my dad's 1 in 12 308 and the aac-sd doesn't like the same load. I did replace the stock with a good quality, ridged stock to get the barrel floating. Any info is greatly appreciated!!
    Erik, the 1 in 10 twist is ideal for bullet weights greater than or equal to 180 gr. That was one of the reasons i got my AAC SD model. Still waiting on the paperwork on the AAC Cyclone from ATF, hope it is here before Thanksgiving.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5