Banned

Default What have I got here

Needed a rifle like right now a while back and the only affordable rifle that came up was a very trashed .308. Did not even know if I would get it shootable in time. I am talking Fungus Mushrooms out of the wood.Many hrs later it works,The only discription on it is FAB. NAT. D'ARMES de GUERRE HERSTAL - BELGIQUE and then a short serial number in tiny print.It has a K98 action - bolt bent down for scope - step down barrel and a a horrific peice of OLD wood attached.Metal sights removed. There is no other inscriptions on it. Now shoots touch hole groups but after much filing bedding polishing you name iy. Cant find one that looks like it on the net (suppose there is no other stock like this in the world) O yes and the trigger guard is big - mayby to use with glovesAttachment 4623 Mould growing out the wood.

Default Re: What have I got here

Do your self a big favour and go check the stocks out here:

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/sporter_hunting_styles.htm

I personally like this one:

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/cascade_classic.htm

Banned

This is a standard military model 98 that was rebarreled to 308 and "sporterised" by a local (SA) gunsmith. The large trigger guard and pressed steel floorplate was designed for use with gloves in extreme cold conditions. The actions were made by BRNO, DWM, FN, Mauserwerke and a host of others. Those that are dated towards the end of WW11, are not very good quality and are usually unmarked.

Banned

yO G.
    I see you a PE boy would like to get hold of you and show you what I got.Your knowlidge seems rather precise.

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Hey G !
    Whats up - I followed your link and found you the gs custom guy. You had my toy in your bench two weeks ago. You pionted out some faults,Thanks to you my 308 now shoots a touching hole group. The touching bolt was a a big BIG problem.Now do I have a good or plain one ?. Come on Gerrie thought youi told me every thing bout my 98