Thread: huntingboots

User

Default huntingboots

I injured my foot in a car accident a month ago. And noticed that I needed the support of a boot or I start limping badly. I wear 2 types of hunting boot. A pair of Hi-tec 'uthuas' and a new pair of Blundstone boots that was a Xmas gift (I am a student). I could not wear the Hi-tec as they were too tight a fit for my swollen foot. The Blundstones were awesome, comfortable but sturdy enough for support. I had my doubts as to the support they had to offer as they don't have laces, so they can't be very stiff. I am highly impressed. What are your experiences when it comes to hunting boots?

User

Default Re: huntingboots

Cabela's
    1000 GRAM 8 PT HUNTING BOOT 11 D BROWN
    Item number: UH - 812395 .

That's the sh*t.

9inch in lenth ( yip I suffer from penis envy)

Water proof. ( I wore them in the overberg the whole of last year, my feet stayed dry).

They are sized the same as HI Tech, The D is their regular which is wider than our regular.

Apart from that, supurb angle support for me, if I just look at a stone funny my angle goes.

Just one bitch, eyelids all the way, I had Rocksole in CT change the eyelids to D-Ring for me.

I also have a pare of Solomans, nothing wrong with them, a gr8 boot, the cabelas are however better for me.

I would give you thier webiste, however 1st go speak to your Bank Manager.

Then again I love to spend other people's money.

www.cabelas.com

Shipping is via air, all my stuff arives within 4 weeks.

Hi techs don't work for me, Foot Fatigue

User

luckily my foot is fine now. I forgot to add that i like the Australian laceles boot look.

User

I urge you to go to www.cabelas.com

hehehehehe

You'll spend all your money, hehehehe

they have "KIT"

Just a word of caution from own experience. Do not wear high boots on a continues basis. The support that your feet get, makes them lazy and they loose their strength. Only wear such boots when you are going to need them on rough terrain. That is my personal experience after wearing such boots and not being in rough terrain and then one day I realized that my ankle's has weakened. Such footwear is designed to add support when you walk in rough terrain and are exposed to higher levels of strain on your ankle's and not for everyday use.

User

thank jou corne! I did not know that but it makes sence

User

Corne, you are so right.

Sorry I didn't mention it, to tell the truth I forget about it.

The only place a have worn them is in the Overberg, I ise my other boots for the rest.

PS, have you maxed your CC at Cabelas yet.

User

i dont have a cc. This wories me as i wear boots 70% of the time. Hunting boots, saps boots or my biker style boots. In fact at this very moment i am wearing my bluntstones.