User

Default Robinson XCR Assault Rifle

Not an AK not an AR ! confused0083

Seems nice - has anyone come across this before.

Ikor maybe you can shed some light on the platform and rifle.

AR grip and mags and controls EXCEPT the bolt handle is situated on the left and it features a colapsible stock and adjustable gas piston operation and a modular swop out barrel feature.

Several caibres, 5.56, 6.5, 6.8, .308 etc.

Interesting, very interesting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Robinson XCR Assault Rifle

These seem cool. Sort of a hybrid between a AR and an AK with some FAL influence(adjustable gas).

Pretty pricey though. $1800 and up or so.

You can almost buy 3 Romanian AKs for that.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Some more Specs:

XCRTM SPECIFICATIONS (16" barrel with Folding Stock)

Caliber: 5.56 NATO (.223 Rem.); 6.8 SPC; 6.5x39mm; and 7.62x39mm See Also XCR Caliber Conversion Specs.

Action: Semi-Automatic or Select-Fire (Govt. & LE Only), Gas Operated, Piston Driven. Designed to require little cleaning.

Bolt: Proprietary three-lug. Locks into extension of barrel so no headspacing is required when changing barrels.

Extractor: Proprietary extractor and spring. Extremely reliable and durable.

Ejector: Solid AK47 type. The ejection direction is Forward and low, 2 O'clock direction.

Lower Receiver: Serialized Part which holds fire control parts, buttstock, magazine and upper receiver.

Upper Receiver: A Major part which holds, bolt carrier, charging handle, and gas system.

Barrel: Depends on Caliber. 5.56 NATO 16.02" Long, Chrome-Lined; 1 in 9" Twist

Muzzle Attachments: M16A2 Flash Hider. Others available shortly.

Gas Adjustment: Quickly adjustable, 5 setting, gas valve with special position for sound suppressors. Note Sound Suppressors require NFA Registration.

Charging Handle: Non-reciprocating on Left side of Upper Receiver. Charging handle knob contains forward assist.

Overall length: 37.75" (Stock Extended); 27.4" (Stock Folded)

Weight Empty: 7.5 lbs.

Trigger: Two-Stage Trigger (We can provide single-stage triggers for government and LE agencies requiring such triggers.)

12 O'clock Position (Top) Rail: 1913 Standard Picatinny Rail, 17" Long

3, 6, and 9 O'clock Position Rails: 1913 Standard Picatinny Rails, 8" Long

Sights: Any front and rear sight made to go on 1913 Standard Rails.

Sight Radius: Depends on front and rear sight type and placement. Typically 15" to 16.5". Gas block on barrel is also machined with dove tail to accept other sights. Sight radius can be increased by attaching sight to the gas block.

Magazines: Accepts most M16 magazines and drums for 5.56 NATO; 6.8 and 6.5 use the same 25 round magazines.

Scope Mounting: 1913 Standard Rail.

I dont think I would turf it out of my bed by any means, nice!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Nice carpet hpy194
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

The XCR has a very good reputation now that the few 'bugs' have long ago been worked out. They were selling for about the same price as the Sig 556's prior to the election...around $1300 or so US. (retail means little in today's markets, so ignore that when talking prices here) At that price point some tend to think they may be a slightly better value than the Sig as well, mainly due to their versatility. With only a single, relatively small, company building them, I can't say how things might work out parts / support wise in SA. Also, the modular barrel / caliber swap thing would not be such an advantage when you have to license every barrel / upper assembly, I suppose, although it sure is cheaper than another complete rifle.

Robinson has a good reputation for getting parts to buyers quickly and for backing their products, but as I think Corne once said, warranties and such tend to evaporate once they cross the water, and I would not even want to think about trying to send a rifle back from SA to the states and back again!

I have never fired one but the guys who own them all seem to really like them. Keep in mind there have only been less than 5000 or so complete rifles built AFIK, and they are not used by any military component I know of anywhere. This may or may not mean much, but it leaves some durability questions unanswered in some minds FWIW.

I would personally prefer to stick with my ARs, but then I am also not one who worships at the altar of the AK or the 7.62x39 round either.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!