Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Norinco CQA M4 rifles will be available soon

I see these clones sell for 700USD (R4900) so R12000 is a fair price <===== Really?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shark_za View Post
    I see these clones sell for 700USD (R4900) so R12000 is a fair price <===== Really?
    Well, Im sure these importers dont work for free. Plus there are shipping costs and whatever else eg VAT, Customs duties. SARS IS greedy you know...

User

rule of thumb... guns/parts go for $ x 15 = Rand

User

If they come from USA.
    From China ?

User

They are bought in USD. They then need to be shi[pped. The various duties etc paid and far smaller quantaties are brought here than to to Canada I would guess. And with most Chinese companies its all about quantaties.

User

I guess all the effort to only sell a few means they must mark it up a lot.

Does anybody know when they will be available I assume it will be more 10K than 12k otherwise the DSA ar-15 would be a better choice as these are made in the good ols US of A:)

Anyword on these yet? Price? Availability?

Coming by sea...airlines wouldn't carry them. So looking at about 7 weeks time instead of the expected 1 week.
    Price between R11K and R12K. That's the price you pay when you get a product that they don't want to sell less than 500 of. We aren't the USA and we ain't Canada. We have much higher duties, Guardforce storage, shipping, and a much higher cost price to even convince them to supply. Most of the ones on the way are pre-booked so the DSA's are indeed a good option if you want a gun from the USA. A dealer wholesale was also factored in.

DSG

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    Coming by sea...airlines wouldn't carry them. So looking at about 7 weeks time instead of the expected 1 week.
    Price between R11K and R12K. That's the price you pay when you get a product that they don't want to sell less than 500 of. We aren't the USA and we ain't Canada. We have much higher duties, Guardforce storage, shipping, and a much higher cost price to even convince them to supply. Most of the ones on the way are pre-booked so the DSA's are indeed a good option if you want a gun from the USA. A dealer wholesale was also factored in.

DSG
    +1 on costs - it is expensive doing what we are doing.

Also remember that rifles that are not imported directly from the USA can be bought off the shelf and dealers can stock them = big plus and kudos to Dave Sheer for sourcing rifles for shooters who need options other than LMs (which, it seems, are becoming less of an option rapidly, if you need a little used or new rifle).

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast