Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Default 1911 in 9mm Para

Hey

Want one of the above, manufacturer minorly important.

Good nick, un-worked on (if possible) and cared for.

PM me.
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Default Re: 1911 in 9mm Para

Why?

Sorry, have to ask..

Because!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

I like the platform; add 9mm and you have the sweetest little ESP thang ever!!

Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by BoerBok

No you don't. You just don't know any better. Wait till you get your 17. The light shall shine upon you, and there shall be great rejoicing.

I too in a moment of retardation wanted one. I was warned off as the early single stack ones, that are available here, are apparently plagued with accuracy problems.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Quote Originally Posted by BoerBok
    No you don't. You just don't know any better. Wait till you get your 17. The light shall shine upon you, and there shall be great rejoicing.
    I too in a moment of retardation wanted one. I was warned off as the early single stack ones, that are available here, are apparently plagued with accuracy problems.
    *wilting desperately...*

OK...

*Sigh*

I too kinda liked the idea of a 9x19 1911 ... then I shot one. I didn't buy one. That is all.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

As far as I know 9's also suffered in the mag department but I am not sure why. Wilson Combat only recently (year or so) finished their R&D on 9 mags to the extent that they felt they can send 9 mags out in the market under their Wilson Combat mag reputation.

To ensure the continued existence of my self-esteem and reliance on research, I hereby formally retract my request, as mentioned above, to inform the author of the availability of any said firearms.

Obviously, this was an emotional choice, as opposed to (my usual) thoroughly researched choices.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

A few manufacturers have finally started to get the latest single stack 9mm 1911 guns working right out of the box, but it has been a mission, and even so you will pay as much or more for one than a comparative model in .45.

A good one is a thing of beauty and a joy to shoot, but given the costs and time involved, if I was into reloading, I think I would rather have the .45 since it can be downloaded to also be a pussycat for range fun and over all is more reliable in the 1911 envelope. Hard to justify (unless you just want one and have the spare cash) not buying 2 or 3 new Glocks or M&Ps for that same money, however, especially given the capacity, reliability and parts availability issues if one should ever need the pistol for something more serious than punching paper.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Look, I saw one and read the '05 1911 G&A annual and loved it.

Saw one IRL and it was sweet, worked well enough and still liked it.

Recently, however, that specific one, a Colt, was sold for a silly price and I'm heavy miffed at missing it.

Ah well...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast