Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default durban flying squad

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgK_Tc7WRVM"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

looks like the SAPS flying squad keeps their firearms skills sharp!

User

Default Re: durban flying squad

we have to go shooting min once a year. We go about once every 6 months these days. I think most Will be surprised at the shooting skills of the average sap member.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pietskiet
    we have to go shooting min once a year. We go about once every 6 months these days. I think most Will be surprised at the shooting skills of the average sap member.
    be surprised at how good they are or how bad?

Just by quiclky looking at the one video clip, I can not help to be amazed that not more Police members are killed every year, I feel for them as their training are lacking so badly, lucky it seems to me that there are a lot of Angels pulling heavy overtime to keep our members in Blue safe, to compensate for the "bad" skills and training they receive.

User

Is it policy to approach a vehicle with your pistol drawn BUT at your side? Is there a legal reason they are not at least at 45% ?

Seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16
    Is it policy to approach a vehicle with your pistol drawn BUT at your side? Is there a legal reason they are not at least at 45% ?

Seems strange to me.
    Its known as "SAP ready". ;D
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

SSP, I think it is more like dead man walking!

Don't SAP officers have take a street survival course now that replaced the old COIN training they recieved in the 80's and early 90's? A friend of mine who is a law enforcement officer in the US did a ride along with a dog unit in jo'berg and was surprised how squared away the guys were. Very good shooters, although this may have been because the guys he was with were gun buffs. This guy had worked in the worst US city in the country and couldn't believe how much SAPS guys see.

Francis, I have seen the development of the street survival course, and had the pleasure of seeing it being taught, needles to say it is still stuck somewhere in the 80's very alarming and bad to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by SWATG
    Francis, I have seen the development of the street survival course, and had the pleasure of seeing it being taught, needles to say it is still stuck somewhere in the 80's very alarming and bad to say the least!
    I find it very alarming and sad. Considering the amount of action these police officers see, they should be the innovators. In the US when NYC, specifically the Bronx was the most dangerous place in the country, the NYPD under Francis "Frank" mcGee pioneered the Turret isoceles stance that would later be adopted as the basis mor Massad Ayoobs Stressfire system and Mid souths Modern Isoceles shooting stance. They had officers in gunfights everyday and developed the techniques because they worked well for their officers to survive the running gun fights then common in the city. In my eyes, SAPS officers seeing what they see today should be developing the most cutting edge techniques. In my view and in a perfect world anyway. its sad to hear they don't get the training they need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast