Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default TRANSFER OF GUN FROM DEALER TO ANOTHER AFTER 271

what is the legality involved if i buy a gun , get the 271 and apply, then want the gun transfered to another dealer and i willing to pay storage and admin cost.

can first dealer refuse to do so?
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Default Re: TRANSFER OF GUN FROM DEALER TO ANOTHER AFTER 271

I do not think that it is a case of the FCA ruling this issue and it can be done within the boundaries of the act. I would say that it is more a issue on how the contract of sale was structured and are you the new owner or not. If all the conditions of sale has been met, there is to technical reason why it can't be done. The one issue would be who will do the physical transport between the two dealers.

the gun is fully paid for and on top of it , monthly storage is paid.

the dealer i want to have my gun moved to offers gunsmithing service on site and i want modifications and customisation done while i wait for the license.

first dealer does not want to allow me to have gun transsfered to dealer 2 because i already took SAP 271 from him.

gun will be transported from dealer 1 to dealer 2 using courier licensed to do so.

Even if the gun remain with the initial dealer and gets 'booked out' to the second dealer for 'repairs' there should not be a problem. I would say the dealer is just full of BS.

Who is the original confused0083 dealer?
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

I have just had Thorkind's M&P transferred from MRS Techniques/Silver Bullet to me - delaer to dealer - the license application indicates MRS as the selling dealer - MRS says it's not a problem, I cannot see a problem.

i think that the dealer in question is being difficult for no reason . thank you.

User

i'm not gonna quote the form numbers but i think what your original dealer is talking about is that when you initially applied the forms stated the initial seller. now that you want to change, he probably doesnt know what procedure to follow.

but still, i dont think the FRC cares which dealer you buy from so i dont see the hassle. as long as the new documents are completed correctly and there is a track of where the gun is, there shouldnt be a problem

User

I don't know about moving the firearm from one dealer to another. But that dealer you dealed with wont get my business if he charges you storage after selling you the gun. I think it is a rip off and he is trying to make money out of you. md217

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatiusvk
    I don't know about moving the firearm from one dealer to another. But that dealer you dealed with wont get my business if he charges you storage after selling you the gun. I think it is a rip off and he is trying to make money out of you. md217
    If you bought it from him then there is no reason for storage charges. If you moved it to a dealer then it becomes a different story and storage charges should be totally OK as a form of compensation. The initial dealer had his opportunity to make a profit on the sale but the other dealer...what does he get out of the deal? But yes if you have supported a specific dealer the part 20 years and have a good relationship with him and do buy firearms somewhere else due to a bargain or availability....maybe you could work out something with 'your' dealer. Just remember that a dealer does not live on charity and must earn a living.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast