Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Wierdabrug, Centurion - DFO

So I waltz in there this morning. Could net get through on ANY number. I see the door leading to the DFO office is chained shut. There are not a lot or people there.

Behind the main counter some faces are staring at me with contempt mixed with an expression of extreme exhaustion seemingly just from staying alive and breathing. They direct me to the alternate route to the DFO after a long silence in which they seem to contemplate their dismay of having to work or answer me. Get there, no one there not even lights on. I eventually find a lady in another room and she gets the book. First available date is 27 January 2021.

She explains to me that they are swamped with the amnesty apps and people handing in their guns.

I suspect that they not doing ANY new gun apps at this stage.

User

So wait a second. You cant submit an application for a firearm at this DFO cause they are "BUSY"?

What is your alternative?

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by New View Post
    So I waltz in there this morning. Could net get through on ANY number. I see the door leading to the DFO office is chained shut. There are not a lot or people there.

Behind the main counter some faces are staring at me with contempt mixed with an expression of extreme exhaustion seemingly just from staying alive and breathing. They direct me to the alternate route to the DFO after a long silence in which they seem to contemplate their dismay of having to work or answer me. Get there, no one there not even lights on. I eventually find a lady in another room and she gets the book. First available date is 27 January 2021.

She explains to me that they are swamped with the amnesty apps and people handing in their guns.

I suspect that they not doing ANY new gun apps at this stage.
    This sounds like Wierdabrug
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound View Post
    So wait a second. You cant submit an application for a firearm at this DFO cause they are "BUSY"?

Apparently none for me as no other DFO has "jurisdiction" to take my app due to where I live. The gunshop actually told me to rather wait for Feb 2021 to hand in my app out of fear that my app might get lost with the surge in apps in Jan 2021.

Seeing as they are not answering their phones, I will be dropping by now and again to see of the situation has not changed.

User

They do accept new apps - mine was processed and sent to provincial DFO about a week ago. I do however doubt that it will go quickly. I also handed in further competency application as well as permit to collect ammunition, which looks like it has not been captured yet after 3 weeks (guess that as i have not received SMS to confirm)

User

Quote Originally Posted by koperaal koos View Post
    They do accept new apps - mine was processed and sent to provincial DFO about a week ago. I do however doubt that it will go quickly. I also handed in further competency application as well as permit to collect ammunition, which looks like it has not been captured yet after 3 weeks (guess that as i have not received SMS to confirm)
    Wierdabrug DFO? Well they told me in no uncertain terms that they cannot help me until next year Jan.

User

Let me rephrase - they do accept the new applications on appointment. For me there was about 6 weeks waiting time, doubt this as changed as the amount of people I saw. Phoned them in Mid September and got an appointment only first week of November.

User

So....Appointment was for 08H00 this morning. I rock up there at 07H00. Greeted by a queue of maybe 40 people armed with chairs and umbrellas. This is just to get into the yard. Some in the queue say they have been there days before but could not be helped.

99% of them I expect to be amnesty applications.

Due to work I cannot stay there the whole day so I leave at around 08H00. Queue had not moved.

Report to Gunshop to tell them of the situation. Advised to rather go in February....

User

I laid an official complaint regarding Wierdabrug... might not help my situation but at least have something on record.
    I submitted 3 apps in November, only one of which have been captured to date, the others I do not know if there are issues on the applications or what the problem is.
    As usual and mentioned in previous submission on this thread also they do not answer phone calls.
    I am also an hourly paid employee so every time I go there I have to work literally hours back.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound View Post

Move to another stations district.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast