Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    User

Default Re: Wierdabrug, Centurion - DFO

Some more info for Wierdabrug, was there yesterday:

They have delegated the job of Card Collections to a new lady, Mrs. Venter. You can collect cards Monday to Friday from 08H00 to 14H00, room G20.

For the DFO: Apparently the number to phone for bookings to hand in applications is still 012-685-0042. They say this should be answered somewhere sometime and that they have had "technical" troubles with the phones. I have not gotten through on that number for weeks...

User

Thanks New. I was there last week Thursday at 10:20am, and the male sergeant (Manangwa / Marangwa?) was having a hernia because I was late (he never gave me a time) and wasn't taking any new applications (yes, at 10:30am!!!). Now lets just my sense of humor left me quickly and when a 140kg boertjie says to you "Luister nou vir my mooi!" he processed my application. I have not received a reference number via SMS yet, so it's going to get interesting...
    Last edited by pblaauw; 21-10-2021 at 16:28. Reason: Spelling

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    Thanks New. I was there last week Thursday at 10:20am, and the male sergeant (Manangwa / Marangwa?) was having a hernia because I was late (he never gave me a time) and wasn't taking any new applications (yes, at 10:30am!!!). Now lets just my sense of humor left me quickly and when a 140kg boertjie says to you "Luister nou vir my mooi!" he processed my application. I have not received a reference number via SMS yet, so it's going to get interesting...
    Have 5 apps in from March, May &July. Still waiting for reference numbers. All at WB

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Have 5 apps in from March, May &July. Still waiting for reference numbers. All at WB
    How are you tracking them through the SAPS site.. I'm getting nothing returned when I search on ID and weapon serial number.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

How are you tracking them through the SAPS site.. I'm getting nothing returned when I search on ID and weapon serial number.
    Without the reference numbers I can’t. It’s a fuckup.

If you get nothing it means that the application has not been captured. As soon as it then you will get a status. The reference number is generated then, but you don't need it; "If you did not recieve a reference number per sms when you applied or renewed your license, please provide your ID number as well as your firearm serial number".

Peter

Best is to just go in and enquire on the application,there’s either two outcomes that I’ve experienced... They get pressured with your application to some extent and might get processed a bit faster or in most cases that I’ve seen is they processed it and no Sms which is typical nowadays. Hope that helps.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Muji View Post
    Best is to just go in and enquire on the application,there’s either two outcomes that I’ve experienced... They get pressured with your application to some extent and might get processed a bit faster or in most cases that I’ve seen is they processed it and no Sms which is typical nowadays. Hope that helps.
    To be 100% honest, I don't want to pressure them in to doing a flippen job they're supposed to already do. I've made a mark in my diary for 120 working days, and on that day, if I don't have the license yet, I shall throw money at GOSA law or Martin Hood to speed them up a bit.

User

There's a new lady helping at Wierdabrug, Sgt Maarman, and she's one of the most helpful pleasant people to deal with!

Sgt. Maarman and Mev. Venter assisted me with printout of new approval, that was not even in their jurisdiction. Very helpful, quick, friendly.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12