Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Thunder and Lightning over Castle Glock in Austria

Khumba you finally have company! I took the plunge and bought an M&P40. After fondling it yesterday and having shot the M&P9 and M&P45, I've decided that this would make a fantastic carry piece. I chose this firearm for a number of reasons that were posted in previous threads on the M&P. I have been evaluating and looking for new carry options since SWATG's courses revealed some severe shortcomings with my current carry system and the deployment thereof. Firstly, as easy as my G19 is to carry, I will no longer carry a handgun that is too small for my hands. My G22 is back in the holster due to quicker draws and better grip. Secondly, I truly believe the M&P is what the Glock should have been by this stage. Before all the Glockites shout HERESY, I have been carrying Glocks since 1997 and believe that I can give an objective opinion on the matter. The big advantage this system has for me is that it's totally lefty-friendly and I have never shot another handgun as accurately as the M&P with the exception of my 1911.

Now to prepare for Gaston's hit squads! ;D

Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Default Re: Thunder and Lightning over Castle Glock in Austria

Good on you Thorkind! Not because I'm anti - Glock but because ergonomically they don't work for my hands. At least you're honest about your choice and why. One of these days I'll be joining you with my own M&P ;)

(Now when is that F$%king Blue Gun getting here cause I'll have to make holsters for them VERY soon!!!)

If it works for you....then so be it....not a bad choice.

I remain a Glock fan as it works for me but that does not indicate that it is the only option. I like your observation regarding fit of hand and that the smaller guns does not work for you as good as a proper fitt handgun.

User

Thats the reason I bought the HS cos the Glock just didn't fit my hand & when I made the purchase the M&P's weren't available. But I still luuuuv my new HS. I have a feeling we are gonna do great things together hmmm

User

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind
    Firstly, as easy as my G19 is to carry, I will no longer carry a handgun that is too small for my hands. My G22 is back in the holster due to quicker draws and better grip. Secondly, I truly believe the M&P is what the Glock should have been by this stage. Before all the Glockites shout HERESY, I have been carrying Glocks since 1997 and believe that I can give an objective opinion on the matter. The big advantage this system has for me is that it's totally lefty-friendly and I have never shot another handgun as accurately as the M&P with the exception of my 1911.

thorkind... please advise... forgive my naivity

how come do you guys interchange carry guns so easily? from my info, we can only get one licence issued for self defence. do you interchange with guns licenced for sports?

Correct. Although I will be motivating my M&P for SD.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Thats exactly what I'm doing now between the BHP & the HS. But I took my wife & few other people to do their renewals last night & the instrutor was saying that if the SAPS catch you in a roadblock you can be criminally charged. The reason stated was that according to the firearm act all sport guns must be in the safe UNLOADED.

Please SSP carify this for us thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Killabeez
    Thats exactly what I'm doing now between the BHP & the HS. But I took my wife & few other people to do their renewals last night & the instrutor was saying that if the SAPS catch you in a roadblock you can be criminally charged. The reason stated was that according to the firearm act all sport guns must be in the safe UNLOADED.

Please SSP carify this for us thanx.
    What did the "instructor" suggest the charge would be?
    Thats how they must be STORED not carried.
    This has been discussed ad nauseum on this site. The act says, in no uncertain terms, that you may use your gun, sport or otherwise, for a lawful purpose and where it is safe to do so.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

YEEEHAAA! Now it's not me alone against a gaggle of glock'n'rollers. grn1

Boy are you going to enjoy driving it!! happy0065

User

Thanx man I did read the other posts on this & did mention this to him as well but as you know people interperate things in different ways. I'll still be swapping betweem the 2 for now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast