Page 126 of 181 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1807
    User

Default Re: Competency certificates: Waiting time

I just heard from the DFO in Durban, that private competency will only be valid for 5 years now on. No longer 10 years

i think they wanted to change things with the new firearms law but nothing has been passed yet so i doubt that has changed yet

User

Finally approved today after 185 working days. Now to start the next trip to clown city. Any advice on how to get this done correctly the first time?
    It's a s13 aplication

Competency
    Submitted DFO: 06/01/21
    Ref recieved: 19/03/21
    Provincial DFO: 21/03/21
    Sent to CFR (AVS): 30/03/21
    Received at CFR: 31/03/21
    Sent sent to comp sec:12/04/21
    Received at Comp sec: 02/07/21

I wish people who complain would stop im still at received at competency section im at 258 calender days and at 185 business days if your app is where mine is at or past my status and you handed in after January 2021 say thank you that your app is moving fast i know alot op people who hit well over 300 WORKING DAYS!!!!!! And still not even at my level or even worse some havent left local DFO and some not captured by DFO...

Im going to pay GOSA end of month to take leagal action against these imbisiles finish and klaar jy kan nie n EFEN jaar wag vir jou competency of 9 maande nie dis k@k die ons manne wat al langer as meeste van jul wag moet kwaad word en kla nie anders om nie so wees dankbaar jou app beweeg vinniger as ons sin meeste wil kom kla vir F all🤬🤬🤬🤬

Net so BTW as GOSA nie reg kom nie gaan ek my prokureur sien ek die kak hoog op vat.

Ek is nie n man met baie pond nie maar K@K sal die etters K@K

We all feel the same, I had times where I asked the question of what is the point. I had all kinds of legal/escalating the issue however got nowhere. The powerless feeling in this process can't be described.

I am a lawful and peaceful citizen however it seems that the justice system just isn't working. Because of high crime I need to wait for someone to verify that I a lawful citizen and then do that for every license/comp I want as a sport person... that is just ridiculous.

Should someone ever be unlawful they should simple take away any current licenses and competency. That will solve the problem but just looking on GOSA Facebook's there are people on everyday that forgot about their license and competency renewal. They are actually unlawful owners of a firearm and as much as they say it an honest mistake, it does not help the problem or process. For me the funniest part is that I never heard of SAPS collecting the firearms of someone who's license expired.

@Glock18Boss, you can be safe to say that it is about 8 - 9 months after they gave you a ref number from what I can see as an average (mine was 176 business days after I got a reference). CRF already released a statement saying that it is your responsibility to make sure the DFO captures the application. They can not do anything if the application was not captured by the DFO. I had a laugh when I got the news from NHSA though as it is just not that simple.

I did a quick check and you are on 128 working days +- from the date of your reference, did you send complaint emails to the CRF yet? Email them seems to be the only option that sometimes works.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_XRayGun View Post
    We all feel the same, I had times where I asked the question of what is the point. I had all kinds of legal/escalating the issue however got nowhere. The powerless feeling in this process can't be described.

I am a lawful and peaceful citizen however it seems that the justice system just isn't working. Because of high crime I need to wait for someone to verify that I a lawful citizen and then do that for every license/comp I want as a sport person... that is just ridiculous.

Should someone ever be unlawful they should simple take away any current licenses and competency. That will solve the problem but just looking on GOSA Facebook's there are people on everyday that forgot about their license and competency renewal. They are actually unlawful owners of a firearm and as much as they say it an honest mistake, it does not help the problem or process. For me the funniest part is that I never heard of SAPS collecting the firearms of someone who's license expired.

@Glock18Boss, you can be safe to say that it is about 8 - 9 months after they gave you a ref number from what I can see as an average (mine was 176 business days after I got a reference). CRF already released a statement saying that it is your responsibility to make sure the DFO captures the application. They can not do anything if the application was not captured by the DFO. I had a laugh when I got the news from NHSA though as it is just not that simple.

I did a quick check and you are on 128 working days +- from the date of your reference, did you send complaint emails to the CRF yet? Email them seems to be the only option that sometimes works.
    I have sent many emails to all kimds of email adresses i collected and no one responds but yea after it was captured in march its somewhere in the 128 day range.I habe also heard of that thing that CFR only start counting from the day its been captured and that its your responsibility to make sure it gets captured onto the system so that you get a reference number i learned that on the hard way and i submitted a complaint with my station commander 3 days after the complaint it was already heading to provincial DFO it looks like complaining is the only way of getting things done

User

Submitted Competency: 11 August 2020
    Competency approved: 22 September 2021

406 days… wow

Onto the next wait….

User

take that, CFR
    Hang in there guys ....

User

Approved
    128 business days

Page 126 of 181 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast