Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Importing of Guns from the USA

Thanks for the help, will contact Teal Ruby asap

Jorrie, you've been typing for some time now. Please head over to the intro thread and tell us a bit more of yourself. Let us know who we are talking to?

User

Thanks, I've seen this, but the real problem is shipping from SA, I will get in contact with Teal Ruby Logistics and see if they can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Black-ops View Post
    The problem is the high rate of taxes on goods imported and extra levies on vehicles the list goes on and on. Then when it gets here the importer still has to put his mark up on the product which is sometimes 100%.

The other thing that keeps the prices low in America is that there is good competition among companies and suppliers. In SA you have state monopolies and exclusive importers. It gets worse the further north you go of our borders. The buying parity of the Rand compared to that of first world countries is shocking.

I also think your figures are slightly wrong there a salary of $35000 a month you will live like a king in the US seeing that the average Dodge Ram 4x4 truck only costs $25000. a person that earns a average salary of $5000 a month would probably live better in the US, than having a salary of R35,000 here in SA.
    $25,000 dollars per year is the poverty line in the US right now.

$5000 a month doesn't go very far when you have to pay rent, which can easily be half that. A single person could live on that averagely comfortably. Cost of living in places does vary. The more populated a city, the higher the cost of living.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 414gates View Post
    $25,000 dollars per year is the poverty line in the US right now.

$5000 a month doesn't go very far when you have to pay rent, which can easily be half that. A single person could live on that averagely comfortably. Cost of living in places does vary. The more populated a city, the higher the cost of living.
    $35K isn't bad coin for a single responsible person in the US with no kids. You'd be doing pretty well but not coasting.

$25K for a single person in the US isn't poverty, but you're definitely drinking cheap beer and not taking any trips for vacation. I was on around $22K while I was in college, I made sure I got at least one skydive in a week and went shooting once a month. I ate a lot of Ramen, tuna sandwiches, and cheap pasta(not to mention cheap beer).

An average Dodge Ram may be around $25K- STRIPPED, w/no bells and whistles. I'm a MOPAR man myself... I got a Dakota.

Statistically, at like $50K-$55K a year in the States, you're among the top 5% of income-earners in the entire country. Before I got into my current gig, I was at $45K/yr back in the US. Single, no kids, rented apts, job w/some perks. I was never broke, paid my bills WAY in advance, took weekend getaways often and a trip overseas once a year.

Just giving a better picture of income power in the states, here.

I have a good import gun for people like dave sheer and other gun stores, look at a gun called the Kel Tec sub 2000, looks like a weird mix of an uzi and an AR 15, very cool design in 9mm or 40 smith and wesson that uses glock magazines, price from their website is 500$ in the US, so we wont pay too much, even though we pay horribly too much, but a normal glock is more expencive in the US so i wouldnt mind such a firearm, since it has the rails of an AR so you can fit your tactical attatchments, looks also like a pretty durable weapon if you keep it clean, so for those of you who are in the gun importing business, take a look at this

User

Necro post much?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstryder View Post
    I have a good import gun for people like dave sheer and other gun stores, look at a gun called the Kel Tec sub 2000, looks like a weird mix of an uzi and an AR 15, very cool design in 9mm or 40 smith and wesson that uses glock magazines, price from their website is 500$ in the US, so we wont pay too much, even though we pay horribly too much, but a normal glock is more expencive in the US so i wouldnt mind such a firearm, since it has the rails of an AR so you can fit your tactical attatchments, looks also like a pretty durable weapon if you keep it clean, so for those of you who are in the gun importing business, take a look at this
    Wat??

Holy necro post batman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4