Default Whats the legal requirement to run a pistol and small caliber range ?

Good Day

I wonder if someone here can help with info.

I have a farm and would like to get my range "accreddited" if I can call it that , I dont want to open it for public but if the odd farmer in the area needs a range he can come use mine sort of idea.

How would I go about to do this legaly ?

Default Re: Whats the legal requirement to run a pistol and small caliber range ?

look here:

http://www.saps.gov.za/crime_prevention/firearms.htm

Halfway down the page is a section entitled "standards" - click on the "standards for shooting ranges"

I am sure its not all thats required but its a good start. Hope it helps.

Default Re: Whats the legal requirement to run a pistol and small caliber range ?

Awesome thanks Lindzey I reckon that is a start if my range comlpies who can give me lip

I presumethen that you want to give accredited trainingat your range? If not, why go through the schlep and cost of havingthe range accredited?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistix View Post
    I presumethen that you want to give accredited trainingat your range? If not, why go through the schlep and cost of havingthe range accredited?
    No not at all , It will be for my own use and a few farmers in the area ,

The reason I want it "accredited" is so I can give some local cop teh finger who reckons I am not allowed to shoot on my farm, ,

He came around and told me I am not allowed to shoot there , now I am in no mood
    to argu with him about it I want to get the DFO to come "accredit" my range I just want to make sure its up to spec