Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Your CCW

Default Your CCW

Had a chat with a buddy yesterday who has decided he only needs a mousegun ( .380 / 9mmS) for his daily CCW. He is a good man, but he is not thinking clearly since he has never been assaulted or involved in a use-of-deadly-force incident. I hope I may have caused him to rethimk his decisions...maybe I did and maybe not. I cannot say it better than Pat Rogers has here...ignore his advice at your own peril.

Take a deep breath.....

The purpose of the gun you are carrying- RTF now- is to deliver DPF upon those attempting to visit DPF or force equaling SPI (check your local statutes on this) right now- right this very instant.

Think for a minute...
    Is what you are carrying sufficient to defeat a single assailant? Multiple assailants?
    Suppose that assailant is at the other end of a truck- maybe more than the magic 7 yds away- are you- and whatever you are carrying -up to the task?

The gun you carry is not meant to be comfortable. It is meant to be efficient.

Clothing. Gimme' a break here guys. When you signed on to carry that blaster, your world changed. That includes how you dress.

If your daily costume is insuuficient to the task- well, no fcuking shit.
    It wasn't meant to encompass your blaster and additional ammunition.

Hint- change what you wear to suit your present circumstances.

It just isn't that hard.

You just have to wrap your head around the fact that you are carrying a gun to defend your life / life of a third person and not for any other reason.

I have no use for people who can / should carry, but don't because it is inconvenient, it doesn't feel right, the threat level isn't high enough or any other sandy vagina excuses.
    Do or don't.

But if you can and don't, don't expect someone else to pull your sorry ass out of the fire (so to speak).

You have to make compromises, but if the choice is between carrying a gun that is insufficient / less than capable, or spending some extra time to figure out what I should wear as clothing on any particular day, the nudge goes to the blaster / blasters.

This is't rocket science. It is common sense.

This is about mindset, and regardless what certain groups may think, not every one should have a gun.
    Or a car
    Or children
    Or oxygen.

It is not a part time thing.

It is a commitment to a lifestyle.

And to a culture.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

I do enjoy your posts!

User

Default Re: Your CCW

Pat Rogers has an outstanding way with words. And it's all true. If you can't make the effort to ensure you are properly equiped you do so at your own peril, whether you make excuses to yourself and everyone who will listen our not...

Excellent and very relevant as we have seen, made it a sticky.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Fantastic post. I made the wardrobe change and havent looking back since. I feel increadibly uncomfortabe without my blaster.
    MOLON LABE

User

I wish more people could read this. Frank... Consider making it an article on the home page

User

Blunt and straight to the point, hopefully an eye opener.

Makes you think back to the sheep and sheepdog article... step outside without it and all i hear is BAAAAAAA.

Thanks

User

Well I reckon that a "mousegun" is a better alternative than having a cannon at home locked in the safe. Not everybody wants to carry a huge chunk of steel with them on a permanent basis. Not everybody will have the perseverance to keep carrying it 24/7 for the rest of their days. The majority of handguns just end up being locked away.

Perhaps the responsible approach should be on guiding your buddy to the best solution that suits him rather than forcing the bigger is better concept on him. He is not going into battle against an army so a first line of defence is better than no defence.
    With the right tactical and mental approach there is nothing wrong with a smaller caliber

A bigger concern is why your buddy wants a 9mmK as his mousegun. The size difference between 9mmK and 9mm is miniscule. I never could quite understand why people chose that caliber. A 7.65mm has very similar ballistics to a 9mmK but with a significant weight and size saving.

I've owned a Walther PPK 7.65 for nearly 30 years and have used it the real world on a number of occasions (Win Silvertip). Although I stopped carrying it as my primary SD gun a long time ago it was still a fantastic alternative on occasions when concealing a bigger capacity gun was a problem. Even when running, surfing, at the gym, etc- yes you can't leave it in the car.

(That came to an end a couple of weeks ago when the 7.65 licence was declined but that's off topic )

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast