Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Competency done what next

Good day

I dont know if this thread belongs here but i have finally completed my competency course and have the certs. Been to the local police station and got the forms. Now a stupid question, once i have completed the forms what next? also i know iam being over excited but which glock is better the 22 or 17?

regards

Default Re: Competency done what next

About a one and a half year wait.

You need to submit the completed forms with your certificate to the firearms section at your police station.

They will take some finger prints.

The form will require contact numbers of certain people you are associated with. They will conduct interviews with these people to see if you are mentally stable.

After that is done its about a year wait for your competancy certificate to be approved (The certificates you currently have are proficiency certificates)

only once you have the competancy from the police will they start on your firearms license which is a 4+ month wait for your firearm license to be approved.

User

Interesting choice of nickname on a gun forum - I wouldn't mention it in the license application :)

Regarding the choice of a pistol, what do you need it for? Different pistols are better suited for better jobs, so it helps to know.

User

Quote Originally Posted by L~C~G

After that is done its about a year wait for your competancy certificate to be approved (The certificates you currently have are proficiency certificates)

this is correct. please understamd this and tell ALL the people/friends you'll be making as you become a gunner. everyone thinks that the course you do at the gunshop is competency/ thats only a training certificate.

and reply to gizmo's question. it'll help answer yours.

while you're deciding... aplly for your comtency. by the time that has been issued, you'll have learnt enough to make the best choice of firearm for the purposes you need.

User

loneranger i am disappointed in you as a fellow .40 guy. You should have said the g22,is there any other caliber other that a .40 in existence? ;)

User

oi... take the G22

User

Quote Originally Posted by unsafe
    Good day

I dont know if this thread belongs here but i have finally completed my competency course and have the certs. Been to the local police station and got the forms. Now a stupid question, once i have completed the forms what next? also i know iam being over excited but which glock is better the 22 or 17?

regards
    Whichever one is better? The one you shoot best with or the one you like the most. Both 9mm/.40S&W have their advantages.

User

thanx guys but what i dont understand is why should everyone know i want to own a firearm >:(
    i mean its for my self defence. anyways if it has to be done so be it... thanx for all the advice. I will look around as i saw a Taurus which looks beautiful, abit like the glocks.

User

That would most prob be the Millenium, if you can try not to buy 1. The newer ones are a bit better but the older models gave lots of trouble. My brother in law owns 1 & after extensive cost & work done on it, it's still not very nice to shoot. It's got a very heavy double action pull, yes it conceals well but not very shooter friendly.

User

if its a Taurus Millenium then HELLLLLL NOOOOO!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast