Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BLACK TALONS

User

Default Re: BLACK TALONS

you guys are the professionals

perhaps we can meet up and test a few. i'm not sure how to test em, nor would i have the material.

PM me

User

Brendan I believe Winchester have done some bare and possibly clothed gel testing with the but yes seem to believe barrier testing is unnecessary with them. I have seen some independant testing with them I know Firearms Tactical tested the 147gr 9x19 out of a G26 IIRC they didn't expand a hell of a lot. I think brassfetcher may have tested a couple as well I will need to have a look around But I am sure i have seen 45 230gr results there somewhere.

Ranger we could try organise a Fackler box to test them in water. While not ideal nor as good as gel it does give a best case scenario WRT expansion.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    Brendan I believe Winchester have done some bare and possibly clothed gel testing with the but yes seem to believe barrier testing is unnecessary with them. I have seen some independant testing with them I know Firearms Tactical tested the 147gr 9x19 out of a G26 IIRC they didn't expand a hell of a lot. I think brassfetcher may have tested a couple as well I will need to have a look around But I am sure i have seen 45 230gr results there somewhere.

Ranger we could try organise a Fackler box to test them in water. While not ideal nor as good as gel it does give a best case scenario WRT expansion.
    Hmmm... interesting. I didn't know of any tests, I have seen tests done on the 147gr WWB, expansion wasn't fantastic, hence the reason I go light and fast.
    Never heard of a Fackler box, but can imagine what it looks like. Water testing using 2l milk bottles seems to be about the best way of testing, apart from firing a round into your pool (purely from an expansion point of view).

User

are you refering to the 155gr magtech gold or the normal one that you get in 50round boxes? I must say i like hydra shocks

User

Quote Originally Posted by pietskiet
    are you refering to the 155gr magtech gold or the normal one that you get in 50round boxes? I must say i like hydra shocks
    The 155gr Blue Box, from what I've seen the 'Guardian Gold' series is a load of CRAP.
    I would far rather go for the 'Blue Box' Magtech ammo, better QC (Just by looking at the rounds, apparent) and better value.
    I rate the 155gr/180gr Blue Box Magtech ammo in .40S&W very highly.

User

Magtech do seem to do a good job of QC at a good price in my experience. Piet unfortunately Hydra Shok was cutting edge 20 years ago. I would rather pay the same for 50 rounds of magtech than 20 Hydra shok. Probably work about as well.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT
    Magtech do seem to do a good job of QC at a good price in my experience. Piet unfortunately Hydra Shok was cutting edge 20 years ago. I would rather pay the same for 50 rounds of magtech than 20 Hydra shok. Probably work about as well.
    Damn straight, Magtech make kick ass rounds, not a fan of Hydrashok's myself, they tend to disintegrate (esp. 124gr 9mm).

User

A nice comparison of Winchester Rangers and SXT's:
    Attached Images Attached Images

User

Another comparison pics of Ranger T and Ranger SXT:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3