Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Pay your Eskom bill or else..

A friend had to assist one of his Workers the other day with their RICA. He then on request got an Eskom bill to present for RICA purposes. This Eskom bill clearly showed said Worker's residential address, as required. It also showed the amount due. R120,000.00 (rounded down). When asked about it, the Worker just shrugged and said that no one there pay electricity.

User

Default Re: Pay your Eskom bill or else..

So I'm freezing my ass off for nothing?

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

pay as you go , not just for cell phones
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

If I pay my Eskom bill just ONE DAY late it gets cut off. If I pay them and there is still R5-00 outstanding, they cut my electricity off. They do not re-connect my electricity until the full amount reflects in their bank account.

I have to pay by the seventh. If I don't pay by the seventh, before 08:00 on the eighth my electricity is cut.

It happened to me in June, I was waiting for a cheque to clear (special clearance) but it did not clear in time. My electricity was cut early the morning on the eighth and my cheque also cleared round about the same time. I drove to the ATM drew money and drove to the Eskom offices to pay my account in cash, they then told me that under no circumstances will electricity be re-connected on the same day it was cut off and only on the following working day, my electricity only got re-connected at about 18:00 of the ninth.

I tried phoning them before hand and explain to them that I am self employed, thus I do not earn a salary and have to wait for my clients to pay me and that I already have a cheque in the bank which will clear either late on the seventh or early on the eighth. Eskom's response to me was that it is not their problem and I should not make my problem theirs, either I pay or they cut.

Now the unfair part is that I have 13 people that work for me and not one of them have ever even thought once in their life about a Eskom account, their electricity is FREE in the little informal settlement that they stay in. I once asked my employees why they do not have to pay for electricity and they said it is because of the past, and it is the responsibility of government to supply them with electricity. I then asked them why is it that I have to pay for electricity, response was that it is because of the past.

It also upsets me that there are people out there with accounts of R120k and their electricity is not disconnected, WHY?

User

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieOlivier View Post
    WHY?
    http://afrikaans.news24.com/Suid-Afr...oweto-20110705

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieOlivier View Post
    If I pay my Eskom bill just ONE DAY late it gets cut off. If I pay them and there is still R5-00 outstanding, they cut my electricity off. They do not re-connect my electricity until the full amount reflects in their bank account.

I have to pay by the seventh. If I don't pay by the seventh, before 08:00 on the eighth my electricity is cut.

It happened to me in June, I was waiting for a cheque to clear (special clearance) but it did not clear in time. My electricity was cut early the morning on the eighth and my cheque also cleared round about the same time. I drove to the ATM drew money and drove to the Eskom offices to pay my account in cash, they then told me that under no circumstances will electricity be re-connected on the same day it was cut off and only on the following working day, my electricity only got re-connected at about 18:00 of the ninth.
    This has been my experience with them as well. The result is that I always ensure that they are paid by the first of the month.

User

Apart from the 'past' - looking at the newspaper article; our electricity gets disconnected because we don't burn tyres in the street.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skurk777 View Post
    our electricity gets disconnected because we don't burn tyres in the street.
    the downside of being civilized.

The past of this country was indeed racism. White towards blacks.
    Now that is no longer the majority. It is indeed the other way around. Ad that is being done as the standard as if nothing is wrong.

White southafricans are in the firing line!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    the downside of being civilized.
    I'm actually not so sure these days, I have a guy that has been working for the company for the last 20 years or so. He is civilized, intelligent, well educated, well groomed, etc.

But when he is unhappy about electricity, potholes, service delivery, etc he joins in with the burning of tires. He's explanation is that if you want a problem to be solved you must show the government you are serious.

One thing he refuses to partake in is strikes when there is a labour dispute, he says he's father taught him that you must work to earn a living.

This I cannot fully comprehend to date, he sees it as ok to have a tantrum with government but it's wrong to strike?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast