Default Motivating for hunting rifle and pistol.

Hi

I'm looking to buy a new rifle and a pistol. When i do my motivation should I motivate for sport shooting, hunting or self defense? Which one is the easiets to get? I will be using the pistol for sport shooting and also self defence obviously. I will do some accosional target shooting and hunting once a year with the rifle.
    Then I want to know, if I got like provincial colors and went to SA finals for shooting for my school, will that help with the motivation? Will that help more with a sport motivation? I've still got all the certificates and so on....

Cheers :)

Default Re: Motivating for hunting rifle and pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalCut
    Then I want to know, if I got like provincial colors and went to SA finals for shooting for my school, will that help with the motivation? Will that help more with a sport motivation? I've still got all the certificates and so on....
    I would throw this into the pot as it gives a better picture about you and your ability to handle firearms and your involvement with firearms. I would say for the sport shooting route this must be added.

On what route is easier than others....I would say that SD the the most difficult...."occasional" licenses still difficult but still difficult and "dedicated" license a bit less difficult but no definite answers on this one.

My personal opinion would be to go for a occasional sport shooting license for the rifle with the added motivation that there will be occasional hunting with it also. Regarding the pistol, my advice is to go for self defence but the question is would you be able to motivate effectively the need of self defence in your personal situation? I do not know?

Thanx for the info Corne.
    I've decided to just get a rifle for now. So i will be motivating for occasional sport shooting and occasional hunting. I will add the school shooting and certificates in the motivation and I will also join a shooting club in the meantime and also SAPSA for the sport shooting side. For the hunting side I will join the Jagters Vereeniging. Hopefully this will be enough motivation for them.
    But wuldn't it be better to just motivate one of those in full, or will both carry more weight?

The SAPSA issue is more a handgun sporting issue or a 3gun sporting issue but will not hurt. It might not be fully relavant but there is some cross polination. The joining of a club would support the occational shooting issue and also indicate that you do have access to facilities where you could do the occational sport shooting. The SAPSA issue could give additional support but you should also be OK without it. My advice would be to join a club where you could shoot your rifle but not nessesarily SAPSA and join the Hunters Association to give more validity to the occational hunting issue.

Theoretical for a occational license the above is not required but the above should give you a added advantage, and add in your past achievements as that adds to your profile.

Excellent. Thanx
    Hope they approve me grn1

My experience is that the more paper work u send (Throw!!!!) at CFR when you apply, the more likely u r to get what u want.

Good luck

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Thanx, yip thats exactly what im planning to do, gonna flood them with trees of paper, and if they decline my application I've got loads of ammo for the appeal.... whp