Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Default Re: Re-licensing? AVOID THIS TRAP!!!

Thanks Toxxyc, thats my interpretation also. When I phoned CFR again this morning and told them this is the situation the person on the other side said that i can hand it in while the amnesty is still on or give it to the SAPS to keep till my license is sorted out.
    I told him that's the last thing I want to do and his reply was then he does not know what I should do. According to him the firearm will be illegal if the license is not up to date.

User

As I have it, SAPS aren't allowed to take in firearms either, so him telling you to hand it is is damn irresponsible.

User

Just ignore the callcenter guy. He's probably just a callcenter guy, and he'll probably give any answer to avoid admitting that he doesn't know. So many DFO's already make up their own laws, what's stopping the callcenter from doing it as well!

The sad question is how many other people do not have access to a place to double-check such dubious shit...?

User

RENEWAL

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I don't seem to find it.

Say I renew my license before the 90 period. This process will most likely take more than 90 days. By then my license has technically expired and sitting with an "illegal" gun.

Questions:
    1. If refused I can most likely appeal. Do I have to hand the gun in at Police Station during this process?
    2. Can I re apply , if refused on a renewal , do I have to hand gun in at police station during this process?
    3. Can I sell the gun if refused on a renewal or do I have to hand the gun in for destruction?

User

I cant answer any of your questions, but regarding the initial renewal, your receipt proves you have applied for the renewal, and carried with your old license, makes it valid until the the renewal is finalized.

User

Quote Originally Posted by HK416 View Post
    RENEWAL

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I don't seem to find it.

Say I renew my license before the 90 period. This process will most likely take more than 90 days. By then my license has technically expired and sitting with an "illegal" gun.

Questions:
    1. If refused I can most likely appeal. Do I have to hand the gun in at Police Station during this process?
    2. Can I re apply , if refused on a renewal , do I have to hand gun in at police station during this process?
    3. Can I sell the gun if refused on a renewal or do I have to hand the gun in for destruction?
    I think you should go and read section 24 and 28 of the FCA

User

Hello all.

I have an expiry coming up in 2022, with the minimum renewal time being at least 90 days before expiration, and considering the 150 day plus waiting time these days, what is the maximum amount of days before expiration that the DFO will accept an application for renewal, or is this DFO dependent?

I recall seeing this issue being discussed in the not too distant past, but can't recall the outcome, I have poked around a bit on the forum but can't seem to find it again, please feel free to refer me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Duimpie View Post
    Hello all.

I have an expiry coming up in 2022, with the minimum renewal time being at least 90 days before expiration, and considering the 150 day plus waiting time these days, what is the maximum amount of days before expiration that the DFO will accept an application for renewal, or is this DFO dependent?

I recall seeing this issue being discussed in the not too distant past, but can't recall the outcome, I have poked around a bit on the forum but can't seem to find it again, please feel free to refer me.
    Just go as close to your 90 days as possible. No need to go earlier. Your current license remains valid until the renewal has been finalized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    Just go as close to your 90 days as possible. No need to go earlier. Your current license remains valid until the renewal has been finalized

Makes sense, thanks.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post

Unless your 90 days deadline is on 31 December, when all and sundry are on leave. My DFO suggested doing it in October already, to allow for any possible unexpected delays.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast