Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Predictions on firearm ownership in this country.

It will get more difficult and the wait will get longer due to licensing of air rifles, crossbows, muzzle loaders and other "dangerous weapons"

User

Interestingly enough, the Canadians scrapped their attempt of basicly the same act.

Maybe we're lucky.

User

It does not help anybody or any cause for that matter, to constantly have a negative approach to these new gun laws., I am a optimist, and believe as firearm owners we should be promoting firearm ownership. If we promote gun ownership with the right attitude and through various shooting disciplines we will inturn create a positive drive towards firearm ownership. In light of these new laws, it is not impossible to attain a firearm licence as so many people out there think, however people have become lazy and choose to oppose these laws by just throwing in the towel, this being said, we should realize, these laws might change one day if there is a big enough drive to own firearms in this country.

As gun owner's, we need as many people as possible to get up off there hind quarters, and stop procrastinating about there new licence applications, and their renewals, or even purchasing a firearm and do something about.

One voice can be ignored, even stood on, but thousands will be heard! whip

Quote Originally Posted by FMJ
    It does not help anybody or any cause for that matter, to constantly have a negative approach to these new gun laws., I am a optimist, and believe as firearm owners we should be promoting firearm ownership. If we promote gun ownership with the right attitude and through various shooting disciplines we will inturn create a positive drive towards firearm ownership. In light of these new laws, it is not impossible to attain a firearm licence as so many people out there think, however people have become lazy and choose to oppose these laws by just throwing in the towel, this being said, we should realize, these laws might change one day if there is a big enough drive to own firearms in this country.

As gun owner's, we need as many people as possible to get up off there hind quarters, and stop procrastinating about there new licence applications, and their renewals, or even purchasing a firearm and do something about.

One voice can be ignored, even stood on, but thousands will be heard! whip
    I agree. The more guns there are in private, responsible hands the more difficult they will be to take away. Imagine the position the State would be in if, say, 75%, of adults owned firearms and the state decided to ban them altogether. What would the state do if those 75% said "get bent". Not much, I don't care how efficient your state security apparatus is. This is, essentially, what happened in Canada, where the largest firearms association is "The Canadian Unregisterered Firearms Association".

Reminds me of a quote, not altogether relevant but cool nonetheless. Admiral Yamamoto apparently said that an invasion of America would be impossible as "there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass".
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

SSP hpy180

User

One voice can be ignored, even stood on, but thousands will be heard!
    Wonder how many forum members belong to SAGA?

Quote Originally Posted by PIET75
    All SADPA members are SAGA members, for what that is worth. The only correspondence I receive from them is a demand for payment when my membership is due. They can't even be bothered to change the language of the correspondence as per my request. I have no idea what it costs to be a member but, in my view, that money is better spent going out my barrel, damaging my kidneys or supporting single mothers.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by SSP
    Quote Originally Posted by PIET75
    All SADPA members are SAGA members, for what that is worth. The only correspondence I receive from them is a demand for payment when my membership is due. They can't even be bothered to change the language of the correspondence as per my request. I have no idea what it costs to be a member but, in my view, that money is better spent going out my barrel, damaging my kidneys or supporting single mothers.
    +1 happy0065 hpy180
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

i am a sadpa member so saga aswel. But wat do they do 4 me? Nothing that i can see

I'm a saga member cos I thought they argued for non collector, non dedicated guys firearms. We need an NRA

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast