Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Khan Shotguns

Default Re: Khan Shotguns

I realize this is an old thread but I'm also looking for a local supplier for the Khan K200. I have noticed that they make the Mossberg maverick hunter, and that it seems to be exactly similar to the Khan k200. As I'm looking for a lower cost o/u for clays. Is no one importing them?

User

Hi. Selwels in PMB imports them. 0325511350

Selwels is in Stanger
    i take knives to a gunfight

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Greetings - doing the bringing threads back from the dead thing but hey.

So, time has passed since the initial post. Are there any more experiences/opinions on the Khan Arms range? Particularly the A-Tac tactical shotgun. I have my eye on that one.
    I have an Atac Shotgun and already 2000 rounds through it with no problems or jams

User

Just because you Khan doesn't mean you should... personally I would go with a more reputable brand for that kind of money, even if you have to buy second hand... but I have never seen a Khan before so that is just my uneducated opinion!

Banned

City Guns in Cape Town has a Khan Atac pump that they rent out at their indoor shooting range. The guy who helped us said that he has been waiting for the gun to fail for ages, but it never has. I actually bough one that same day. It feels pretty solid. The butt doesn't have a recoil pad, so it WILL leave bruises after 50 rounds. Two problems I've experienced with it is that the chamber is pretty tight, so if you have cheap ammo in there and you don't aggressively work the fore-end, sometimes a spent shell gets stuck and you have to lightly slap it to free it from the receiver. I also found that I could only fit two 3" buck shells or 3 3"bird shells (the buck shot cartridge is actually slightly longer, not leaving enough space for a third) in the magazine tube, which I assume is because there is a restrictor installed. I think it has something to do with magazine size restrictions when hunting. Though to be fair, it's relatively easy to remove to restrictor to allow loading four 3" shells into the magazine tube.

I spent R4500 for a brand new one. Which is great value for money. I wanted to kick myself though when I found out I could get a secondhand winchester pump action for R6500 from Wildman Hunting and Outdoor in Brackenfell. It was the prettiest shotgun I've ever seen.

Reviving this thread instead of starting a new one for some info on these shotguns. FIL has an option on the A-Tac pump action for R4000.00 and we dont have many references on these except for the firing pin issue seen on a few threads. Any info will be appreciated to pass on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Banned

Put 75 rounds through my one so far...no problems whatsoever...still has the tube restrictor in so only get 2 rounds in the tube...not a big fan of the reload spring but it can be removed apparently..good value for money imho

User

Ive seen an ATAC break on multiple occasions at the range and the guy screams at it constantly. He shoots regularly in IPSC shotgun

I would look for a good second hand 870, 1300 or mos 500 in that order.

I wouldnt license one if you gave it to me

User

Recently bought a Mos 88 on this site for more than a Khan is going new... Luckily a ton of 500 stuff works on the 88 and vice versa.. Already busy ordering some items to customize it.. One day when I'm big and my child doesn't need private schooling I will buy a 1301..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast