Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Western Cape Shooting Ranges and Facilities

[QUOTE=ravingDIODE;680023]Do join us at Kraaifontein shooting club..

It is a a big open outdoors range with a club house. It is mainly a handgun range with one small 100m rifle range. I am willing to bet you will find it more enjoyable than Durbanville handgun range.[/QUOTE

Thanks! Not a bad idea... How is it in the rain?
    Durbanville is just closer to me. But I am willing to travel.

User

Pity Kraafontein does not do Clays - I would have been interested in coming by then!

S.

User

[QUOTE=Hein R;680033]
    Quote Originally Posted by ravingDIODE View Post
    Do join us at Kraaifontein shooting club..

It is a a big open outdoors range with a club house. It is mainly a handgun range with one small 100m rifle range. I am willing to bet you will find it more enjoyable than Durbanville handgun range.[/QUOTE

Thanks! Not a bad idea... How is it in the rain?
    Durbanville is just closer to me. But I am willing to travel.
    Kraaifontein range and Durbanville range is a stone through from each other, sitting on backstop of Kraainfontein a very good marksman should be able to shoot the targets on the Durbanville rifle range. When the new road is completed we should be able to drive in striaght line from the one to the other in under 5 min.

If I have any criticism of Kraaifontein is that it is not the best range in the Cape Winter, not really a lot ground covering so it gets muddy in heavy rain and back 2 handgun ranges flood a bit in real heavy storms. On the other side of the coin it has the best club house with warm fresh coffee, best pot pies in the world and a "knertsie" of something if you are finished shooting. Kraaifontein definitely has the "better vibe" for me, lot of friendly guys to have a chat with; Durbanville is bit uptight business like, pay go to your "hokkie", shoot, go home.

User

[QUOTE=HvR;680183]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hein R View Post

Kraaifontein range and Durbanville range is a stone through from each other, sitting on backstop of Kraainfontein a very good marksman should be able to shoot the targets on the Durbanville rifle range. When the new road is completed we should be able to drive in striaght line from the one to the other in under 5 min.

If I have any criticism of Kraaifontein is that it is not the best range in the Cape Winter, not really a lot ground covering so it gets muddy in heavy rain and back 2 handgun ranges flood a bit in real heavy storms. On the other side of the coin it has the best club house with warm fresh coffee, best pot pies in the world and a "knertsie" of something if you are finished shooting. Kraaifontein definitely has the "better vibe" for me, lot of friendly guys to have a chat with; Durbanville is bit uptight business like, pay go to your "hokkie", shoot, go home.
    Well summed up.

The new road is complete. Or are you talking about the one that ones past the range and makes a sharp bend to the left? They want to make that straight I think?

User

[QUOTE=ravingDIODE;680282]
    Quote Originally Posted by HvR View Post

Well summed up.

The new road is complete. Or are you talking about the one that ones past the range and makes a sharp bend to the left? They want to make that straight I think?
    Yes, they are currently building the road from Durbanville rifle range straight through to the road that goes to Cape Gate.

User

Hi All ... I haven't been on GunSite for a while but stumbled across this thread via a "like" to our FB page. Just to give some update on False Bay Firearm Training Academy (Pty) Ltd. We have our dealers license now (has been for quite a while actually) including a shop situated inside the club house of False Bay Sports Shooting club at Glencairn Quarry - between Fish Hoek and Simon's Town.

The Academy is a separate business and has nothing to do with the club at all, however we operate the same hours as what the club does as follows:

Monday, Wednesday and Friday : 10am to 3.30pm
    Saturday : 10am to 4.30pm
    Sunday : 10am to 12.30pm

We seldom close - those of you who know Keith Biermann (my business partner and husband) will know that customer service is of utmost importance in our lives (we also have another unrelated business and that business is now 21 years old - we've kept it going on the same policy as we now run The Academy).

We are licensed to sell ammo, powder, firearms, accessories and also offer gunsmithing, training, competencies, skeet (clays) and "experience" packages. If you are looking for something and you can't find it anywhere else please contact Keith and he will assist if he can. Keith's contact details are cell: 082 77 40063 or email him to : keith@fbsst.co.za. The shop's telephone number is 021 7820107. You can also contact me on debbi@firearmtrainingacademy.co.za.

The ranges at False Bay Sports Shooting Club are numerous. The club offers various disciplines and competitions. Many of the ranges are now covered (so you can still shoot even if it is bucketing with rain) and on Saturdays there is a tuck shop selling toasted sandwiches, cool drinks and snacks.

For more info on The Academy you can go to our website ie www.firearmtrainingacademy.co.za OR better to "like" our Facebook page which I update on a fairly regular basis - if you have any questions just drop them into the FB page and I'll respond as soon as. The link for the FB page is https://www.facebook.com/FalseBayFir...demy?pnref=lhc

Kind regards
    Debbi Biermann

User

Hi everyone

Any update on any new ranges ? specifically for long range 200m - 1000m ranges ?

Regards

User

Quote Originally Posted by B1G_WH1T3 View Post
    Hi everyone

Any update on any new ranges ? specifically for long range 200m - 1000m ranges ?

Regards
    Durbanville has a longer 300m - 500m range, though I'm not sure if the 500m distance is always open. Also any clubshoots happen on this range, so on many weekends its not an option.

Atlantis has a 1000m IIRC.

Apart from those two, there was mention of somebody wanting to open a 600m range near Wellington (I think?), but that seems to have stalled completely.

I'm also in Stellenbosch looking for longer ranges (22m-450m), so if you hear anything or find some gem I missed please post!

User

The Wellington range is almost ready. Just final stages of approval.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bighunter View Post
    The Wellington range is almost ready. Just final stages of approval.
    That is excellent news!

Any idea when they think they will be open?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast