Page 11 of 415 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: license applications

Hi Guys just an update on SD License app, received SMS now stating that --- License REF:xxxxxxx has been finalized. contact your relevant DFO before collecting.-- Tried calling CFR but could not get through. Will try again tomorrow. Should I be phoning the police station where application was handed in rather???

Relax a bit. It is approved. Go have a beer after work. Once it is at the cop shop, you should get another sms telling you to come and collect. You can track the progress of the card printing in the mean time by calling the call centre again, but give it a day or two.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

hahaha Thanks bud will do... will give the call centre a call tomorrow. Now I can start searching for a decent holster in the mean time.

User

Quick note: I never got my SMS. The SMS I got (like yours) was sent AFTER the card was already printed and at the DFO. In other words, I got my SMS and by that time I was able to pick up my card from the DFO.

User

Looks pretty much like a mixed bag. My application was received by CFR on 26th Sep and sat there until 7th Nov, apparently somehow stuck in the system, it has now been sent for consideration. Currently waiting for outcome of that. I would phone CFR call centre at least 3 times a week to follow up. Seems like you just need to keep following up and checking on the status of your application.

User

Pilgrim, cant answer your question about Kempton and which section it falls under. Can only relate to my personal experience which is a first for me.
    Completed my SD application and took it into the local SAPS. Started phoning CFR only to find out that they had not received the application. Phoned the DFO at local SAPS only to find out they needed the license fee receipt which I subsequently gave them. Then followed up with local DFO and he advised me that the station commander had not signed off and sent through to CFR. This took another 2 weeks. App was eventually received by CFR on 26 Sep and somehow got stuck in the system. Kept phoning CFR between 2 to 3 times per week. The call centre number is good 0123536111. Eventually after 3 weeks spoke to one of the CFR guys who said he would put an investigation through to see what was happening. I kept phoning and following up. Seems like constant pressure helps as I was told yesterday that it had been sent to consideration on 7th Nov. Just waiting for the outcome of this process. Good luck.

Mine was handed on 23 Oct at local DFO. He only handed it to the Regional DFO on thursday 8 Nov after 2,5weeks after me making several calls to both DFOs and he saying its submitted and they saying its not.
    It wasnt. First week I called they say that they have 21days to take it to Pretoria anyway. 21days falls in 2days, I doubt they would make it.
    Durban DFOs very slow and inefficient.
    Going to phone daily until sent off now.
    Then will phone Pretoria. They have already wasted so much time here. Don't know how long more for Regional DFO to "process" before sending to Pretoria

User

My new FA license app for a new SD FA was handed in today together with a second app to change my current FA license for SD over to OCSS. I just made it in time as my local DFO is driving to Kayalitcha with a bunch of apps to go and sit with the regional commisioner to process all the apps. So I might not have to wait long....:rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Darn... mine also arrived at CFR the 15th... not even at consideration yet... ho-hum
    Well... heard today that it went to consideration on the 15th... so exactly a month after arriving at CFR... not nearly as quick as my last apps... and this one is killing me more cause I just really want this bloody gun... hell... I've only put 10 rounds through her! Sacrilege I tell ya!

Page 11 of 415 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast