Page 4 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    User

"Step by step guide to getting a gun licence in SA for dummies"... wouldent mind that book :P

Quote Originally Posted by GeersOfWar View Post
    "Step by step guide to getting a gun licence in SA for dummies"... wouldent mind that book :P
    If such a book did exist, I think it would be better to send it to the CFR instead so that they can learn how to do the job, but then again they would probably put it in file 13 together with all the application like they are busy doing

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wikus Pretorius View Post
    If such a book did exist, I think it would be better to send it to the CFR instead so that they can learn how to do the job, but then again they would probably put it in file 13 together with all the application like they are busy doing
    thinking about it, dummies shouldent have guns! nor should dummies be the ones who decides who gets the guns...

AHHH!

User

Default Re: license applications

Handed in my SD app for my CZ75 today at lyttelton. A bloody mission but got it done eventually. Here's to the long wait (AGAIN) and hopefully I get it! Cheers!

User

Morning folks,

Well, my SD application (Section 13) is going in on Monday to the DFO here in Strand. I had my motivation done by Legally Armed WC in Stellies, including about 48 pages of crime stats and crime newspaper articles.
    It includes a description of the firearm, why the particular type and calibre are suited for SD purposes, description and photographs of my safe...basically the whole thing is the size of a Dutch family Bible!

Anything that first-timers like me usually miss out, or stupid mistakes we make? Please guys, any last minute wisdom will be appreciated!

IPS

User

This is why we have this problem, because every next invividual attempts to outdo the previous applicant. The competent "Registrar" now creates his/her own personal standard for the next application, which must look like the Dutch family Bible.

We followed the recommendations of lawyers, who are of course making a killing with all the motivations and appeals, without considering that there is no such elaborate prescribed requirement in the constitution or new cripple FCA.

In the end a handful receive licenses whilst the other 15 000+ (currently at Volkstem Ave, Appeal Board) have been left home alone.

Thanks

User

I am sorry you feel this way about the issue, if it wasn't neccesary to hit them with the proverbial Bible, believe me I wouldn't have gone to the effort! This isn't a member-measurement contest, nobody is attempting to "out do" anyone else, but merely to have a successful application. Red tape and beaucracy is a fact of life in this country, and whinging at me isn't going to change it. I also asked for constructive advice, not critique.

Thanks in return.

My last 15 applications have never been more than a single A4 page, with proof of status , membership, competencies etcetera attached. Granted I do have both dedicated hunter and sportsman.

I do wonder though, if anyone at the CFR really is going to look at more than the first page.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Banned

Red tape and beaucracy is a fact of life in this country, and whinging at me isn't going to change it. I also asked for constructive advice, not critique.
    I don't think he was whinging at you. The drama with which we have to deal with along with all the hoops for jumping through is unconstitutional.

Still waiting to hear of my own license (four months), I know people waiting for 4 years already. The wife's revolver is in year 5 already and still no word. If you know the amount of crap going on in our neighborhood you would perhaps also feel they are deliberately denying you the right to defend yourself - hence deny you the right to life.

Three of my neighbours got hit last week, I myself had some fcuker on the roof before last week, had two visitors in my own yard and had to remove an ADT officer sneaking in my back yard, pistol in hand. I have nothing to do with ADT.

At some stage I have to make a decision and say fcuk every one else. If no one, especially the authorities, does not want to recognize my right to life then fcuk them, I have to consider no one else's right to life either. It's only a matter of time before a criminal is going to have a go at me, I have been at it long enough playing hide and seek like Rambo here.

Non of my approved licenses have ever been more than 2 typed up pages. Add about 6-8 pages of certificates, copies of dedicated status letters, etc. and Bob's your uncle! The proof must hold water.

Page 4 of 415 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast