Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Firearm selection time,looking for a firearm candy store,any suggestions?

Hi ladies and gents,I've always had a fantasy in mind of walking into a firearm dealership and having the luxury of having every make and model,well almost every one of firearm available,to pick,choose and refuse. Reason this is so prevelant in my mind at the moment,is that I'm in the process of making my first self defense pistol selection and I have no idea where to have a look.although self defense,Im also definately looking at using it for casual sporting. Yes I've been to the stores that stand out but have not been given the choice and variaties that are available at the moment. Is there such a place that actually exists,or should I rather keep it as a fantasy and go ahead with selecting the more popular and well know firearms. By the way,first choice on hand at the moment is Sig P229 in 9mm any suggestions and advice would be highly appreciated. And yes,being in the Durban area is a well put down disadvantage I know.

Thanks again

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Firearm selection time,looking for a firearm candy store,any suggestions?

gun shops that stand out?
    durban is a place of disadvantage?

there is a 229 hardly used in a gunshop i know - but the problem is durban ous wont pay the price its marked at.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Default Re: Firearm selection time,looking for a firearm candy store,any suggestions?

Well, you are currently in the virtual version, IMO.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

KK, with stores that stand I'm talking about a place like Kings and by word of mouth the Hillcrest gun shop is pretty much the same. By saying being at a disadvantage, I mean we don't have the population needed to require variety and volume of sales as in Jhb for instance for we don't have a variety like other provinces. And as you say, most durban ous won't pay and that's why I guess we have the situation we do.What price are they looking at? By saying P229, that's without even firing one yet, just by what I've read up on it, and back in the hand, holding one etc. In your opinion would that be a good choice? I know most ous on here rave about their Glocks and I know they are respected for reliability and durability,but personally prefer the option of SA/DA...

JS, with the mix of virtual and fantasy world, we could have a prob on our hands

R18500 with 6 mags , holsters , and some good ammo
    apparently never fired.

I HAVE NO VESTED FINANCIAL INTEREST IN THIS GUN .

to quote " its a take it or leave it " deal and the gunshop owner is NOT going to climb into a full vault for a window shopper.

based in durban.

User

Spoke to a few gun shops today and were advised to rather stick to something more easily accessibly with spares,after sale back up etc. therefore heading more towards glock,or M&P, good choice? Also that there not much stock of M&P at the moment? Thanks for help ,much appreciated!

Plenty of glocks there and a few SWMP as well as SD
    Are you not keen on the SIG ?

User

No longer as didnt realise parts/service would be a problem. M&P9 and glock sounding good at the moment..where would I get hold of them?

Parts and service ARE available , agreed mags and other bits are a wait but they are available.

User

Give rescomp a call.IIRC-they had 2/3 229's for around R 13 k at the beginning of the year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast