Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default SA High Powered Rifle Association

I have picked up a pamphlet today. Anyone know anything about them? I am really interested as it seems you can then motivate a semi auto rifle without the need to do 3-Gun.

http://www.highpowerrifle.co.za/index.html

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: SA High Powered Rifle Association

thank you for sharing
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

I am just waiting for them to reply to my email. Want to know what the costs are to become a member.

Basically you have to attend three shoots as a visitor within 12 months before you may apply for membership. To apply for dedicated status you must attend at least 6 club shoots (includes those you attended as a visitor) within 12 months. Read it on the website.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sloffie View Post
    I am just waiting for them to reply to my email. Want to know what the costs are to become a member.

Basically you have to attend three shoots as a visitor within 12 months before you may apply for membership. To apply for dedicated status you must attend at least 6 club shoots (includes those you attended as a visitor) within 12 months. Read it on the website.
    So you have no choice but to get a bolt action first

Banned

This is good. Many shooters have rifles that will fit the bill and do not want to gear up for full house Bisley type shooting. 300m Ranges are more plentiful than the distances needed by Bisley shooting.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    So you have no choice but to get a bolt action first
    No and yes. If you have a hunting rifle, then you can take part. They have a section for non-military rifles. If you have no gun yet, then yes you must get something first.
    I am going to start with my Lee Enfield and then once I have dedicated status I will buy my semi-auto rifle. I am an AK nut, so you know what I want to get...

What is really neat is that this caters for those like me who want to own a military style semi-auto rifle like the AK47 or LM5 without buying a horde of other guns in order to take part in the discipline which will allow you to motivate the semi-auto. If I would do 3 gun, I would have to buy a pistol, a shotgun and then a semi-auto. Moerse klomp geld. And though I want a shotty, I want a side-by-side, not a pump action. As for the pistol, I want one, but for casual shooting.

SAHPRA is perfect as it will allow me to own a semi-auto military rifle and multiple bolt action military rifles. I have seen a beautiful K98 and a Portuguese Mauser which I want...

User

You don't need a horde of guns to participate in SADPA.

And anyway, who would not want the Tri Fecta, 9mm/40/45 Shottie and SLR.

Banned

Sloffie makes it sounds as if having lots of guns is dirty or sleazy

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grobbie View Post
    And anyway, who would not want the Tri Fecta, 9mm/40/45 Shottie and SLR.
    Very true, but if you need to buy all three then it can get very expensive. I would love to try it, but I cannot afford it just yet.

Anyway, I have received a reply from the guy running the show. Given me a lot of info and it looks very promising. R120 a year membership fee and attend at least 6 shoots a year. AND you get to show off your military rifle collection.

It obviously depends what you are into. This is obviously for those who love military rifle history. For those who want to own something out of each era. Like I want a Martini Henry, Mauser K98, Lee Enfield (have one) and an AK47/74 or LM4. I am not so interested in combat shotguns and pistols. Although I would like to participate in pistol shoots as well later on and I love shooting combat shotties.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    Sloffie makes it sounds as if having lots of guns is dirty or sleazy
    I now feel very very unmanly... haha! No, I should maybe rephrase that in order to regain my dignity. You need the finances to quench your hunger! Hell, if I had the money, I would build a walk in safe and fill it to the brim with everything I ever wanted. But that is not the case... yet.

Banned

well what put me off this sport is the part where you must attend 3 matches as a visitor to become a member. Shortly I will have rifles from my time in SADPA and I will have to arrive there and sit and do nothing but watch other people while my rifle gathers dust.

No thanks...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast