Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Default Re: What are the general thoughts on Taurus Pistols ?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Good day,Nice to meet you Nadine.

My wife has been following this this thread by default cause I have been following it. NOW if she actually hears that you are a WOMAN she is going to freak!!
    Hi TommyGunn, nice to meet you. C'mon, only a woman would have persisted with this ...

He's Lithuanian but I don't know of any other old fella around here since Hadrian retired umpteen years ago. We have a few old women around though.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nicyale View Post
    Hi TommyGunn, nice to meet you. C'mon, only a woman would have persisted with this ...
    Very true:D

User

Oh come on, I've been around here since first page of this thread, still holding out for my supporters commission PT1911! But since you don't have stock a Raging Bull will have to do! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Redhawk75 View Post
    Oh come on, I've been around here since first page of this thread, still holding out for my supporters commission PT1911! But since you don't have stock a Raging Bull will have to do! :)
    Would be much better to wait for the 1911s but you need to work much harder and for longer to earn one of those. A year's worth of back massages ... ?

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

LOL
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Would be much better to wait for the 1911s but you need to work much harder and for longer to earn one of those. A year's worth of back massages ... ?
    Ouch, play nice!

R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by L~C~G View Post
    Francois, what is your obsession about continually harping on with this particular issue? I got a dud PT709 and quite honestly think its a POS, that is my OPINON FFS! Your post is doing nothing short of calling me a liar!

I apologise to Nic Yale for what follows, as it does not paint you guys in a very good light, the situation however was resolved and I bear no grudge against Nic Yale. I only post this in an effort to lay rest to my OPINION of the PT709, based on my experiences, continually being called into question and why I HATE said firearm with such passion.

Nadine, Nicholas Yale did resolve the issue for me and there really is no need for you to spend time looking this up as I was quite happy with the outcome, but for your interest it happened between May and October of 2011. I can provide the serial number of said firearm if required as well, the original invoice number was IM508390. The pistol came back to you guys three times. On the first two occasions I was told it had been sorted but nothing had been changed and I only discovered such when I got home. On the third attempt at repair I decided to test the trigger in the car outside your shop.

It was even worse than before, and what followed I am not particularly proud of. I came back into the shop and slammed the pistol and case on the counter and totally lost it. The guy at the counter during that time (I cant recall his name but he was a skinny guy with long hair) Nearly climbed over the counter to kick my arse but one of the managers had come down from upstairs to see what was going on and cooled the situation off.

I was taken upstairs to speak to Kelvin who was apparently one of the main managers at the time and he offered to get the gun fixed properly, despite him not actually understanding what my issue was with the gun. I refused to accept that because this was to be my SD firearm and I no longer had any faith in it. When I actually showed him what it was doing (If you held the trigger in and racked the slide, everything appeared normal until you reset the trigger and pulled it again. All you got was a dull click and gun was clearly not able to strike the primer with any force.

He was actually quite shocked having seen that and offered to let me rather choose something else, and where possible would give a discount on a higher priced firearm. I chose a Glock 26 and "the long haired guy" worked out the extra that needed to be paid in. A few days later I received a call from Kelvin and was informed that "I" had incorrectly calculated the additional pay in that was required and owed additional money for the Glock. I essentially told him to go and F*** himself and sent a letter demanding my money back. He agreed to leave things as they were and I went ahead with the license app.

About a week or so later I was called again (by an elderly Indian gent) and informed that there was a problem with the G26 I had purchased. I was told the police were investigating the guy that sold the batch of fire arms to Nick Yale and the license could not be processed until that was resolved. I dont know all that was involved and what the actual story was but that was sorted out in a few days.

When my license was approved I went to Nic Yale to collect the G26 and when the "Elderly Indian Fellow" opened the box from the safe he nearly fainted. I had licensed a Glock 26: Serial Number ***506. The box said ***506 but inside the box with a Glock 26 Serial Number ***505.

My correct pistol was eventually traced to a gun shop in Alberton. I walked out of the shop, went to fetch my gun in Alberton and never went back.
    @L~C~G:

Thanks for sharing... jeepers that must have been a VERY frustrating experience.

My intention is really just to get to the truth behind the little PT709 Slim, since I own one and would like to know if there are any issues I should be aware of.

My research and own experience so far seem to indicate that the PT709:
    - has received a unjustifiably bad reputation (like many other Taurus pistols),
    - like most other small guns chambered for a 9mmP they are prone to malfunctions induced by limp wristing,
    - the vast majority of them function just fine out of the box, and
    - the few duds here and there are usually repaired or replaced under warranty.

I really did try to be polite and reasonable throughout the discussion and I do take exception at being accused of calling you a liar! I did no such thing! I simply pointed out that you had issues, while Nadine said they had no records of these guns experiencing issues.

Still, I apologise if my posts have offended you.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25