Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Single Stack division

Is there any future plans on a single stack division in SAPSA or IPSC as in USPSA?

Default Re: Single Stack division

If they don't you're welcome to join SADPA and shoot CDP, which was set up for single stack 1911 ;D

User

I'd love to. But here in the north (limpopo) we don't have IDPA. Only IPSC. Looks like i'll have to go to gauteng every now and then to compete.

User

Quote Originally Posted by bronxlive View Post
    I'd love to. But here in the north (limpopo) we don't have IDPA. Only IPSC. Looks like i'll have to go to gauteng every now and then to compete.
    ZDPC? They are in Vaalwater.

Otherwise start your own!
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Apperently it will be starting here...Guys were discussing it at the club a few weeks back. Makes sense to do it as there are still alot of competitors still own single stack guns.

User

For IPSC the world council will vote on a single stack division after the world shoot in October.From the IPSC forum it looks positive.

User

^^^
    Heard it aswell. If they implement single stack in IPSC I'm in

User

Wink Re: Single Stack division

Here are the rule sheet for the proposed IPSC Classic Division (as taken from the IPSC Global Village site):

Proposed Classic Division (For evaluation only - expires 31 December 2014)
    1. Minimum power factor for Major 170
    2. Minimum power factor for Minor 125
    3. Minimum bullet weight No
    4. Minimum bullet caliber / cartridge case length 9mm (0.354”) / 19mm (0.748”)
    5. Minimum bullet caliber for Major 10mm (0.40”), see below
    6. Minimum trigger pull (see Appendix E4) No
    7. Maximum handgun size Yes, see below
    8. Maximum magazine length Yes, see below
    9. Maximum ammunition capacity
    Yes, see below
    10. Max. distance of handgun and allied equipment from torso 50mm
    11. Rule 5.2.10 / Appendix E2 applies Yes
    12. Optical/electronic sights No
    13. Compensators, ports, sound and/or flash suppressors
    No
    Special conditions:
    14. A handgun in its ready condition (see Section 8.1), but unloaded and with an empty magazineinserted, must fit wholly within the confines of a box which has internal dimensions of 225mm x150mm x 45 mm (tolerance of +1 mm, -0 mm). Note that all magazines must comply.
    The handgun is placed inside the box with the barrel parallel to the longest side of the box. Rearadjustable sights may be slightly depressed during insertion.
    Handguns must be based on and visibly resemble the classic 1911-genre design. This means asingle-stack, one piece metal frame, and a dust cover (without an accessory rail) which has amaximum length of 75mm when measured from the leading edge of the dust cover to the rear ofthe slide stop pin. Magazine well openings cannot exceed a maximum outside width of 35mm.Compliance is checked by way of a 35mm wide, and at least 5mm deep, notch carved into theoutside of the box, or by use of a ruler or caliper, as approved by the officiating Range Master.
    Prohibited modifications are slide lightening cuts, weak hand thumb rests and slide rackers.
    Permitted modifications are those of a cosmetic nature (e.g. custom grip panels, scrimshaw orsimilar surface engravings, checkering or serrations etc.), replacement single or ambidextrousthumb safeties, and any open sights (which may be embedded into the slide).
    19. Magazines accessible to a competitor during a COF must not contain more than 8 rounds (forMajor power factor) or 10 rounds (for Minor power factor) at the Start Signal.
    20. 357SIG is also an approved caliber for Major, subject to achieving the applicable minimum
    power factor. This concession expires 31 December 2014.

As stated earlier, it seems very positive that the Division will be approved at the IPSC General Assembly in a couple of weeks time and will start as from 01 Jan 2012. I, for one, am eagerly awating this division and will be putting my Production gun away in favor of this new (old/original?) division next year.

A big hoo-ha was made about limiting the capacity to 8 for Major and 10 for Minor scoring and still needs to be decided at the GA. I believe that this is the best way of doing it and hope that the decision will stand.

For those who cant wait, NGPSA will be hosting a Single Stack match during the Oct/November. Check their website (ngpsa.co.za) for more info.

In the meanwhile I have the 1911A1, mags (plenty of those needed!) and rig all cleaned, working and standing by in eager anticipation! Need to start practising those mag changes....

Last edited by 1911; 21-09-2011 at 09:00. Reason: Add info.

User

This sounds like it might attract alot of new shooters to IPSC. I think alot of die hard fans of single stack 1911's will join.
    I know of some guys that refuse to join because ipsc don't cater for single stacks at the moment and some regions like here don't have idpa.
    I suppose and (sort of hope) that the stages will still be set up the same way as current and not be changed to make things easier for the single stack division cause I think it will make things very interesting. I know idpa don't have high round count stages like ipsc does and it will make it different.
    Just think the amount of fun running a 8-round .45 through a +-25 odd round stage. Mag changes and accuracy will play a big roll.

Sounds like FUN!

The guys can still join IPSC and shoot in standard division. Yes, there may be some disadvantage against the high cap pistols, but if you shoot straight and plan your mag changes, it is quite posssible to score in the top third of the results if it is score you are after. However, the trigger time is always invaluable and you get to be really good at mag changes.

As mentioned above though, IDPA do have also CDP so the choices are open.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast